Chapter 10

"Upstairs all of you now," Cliff said and grabbed Rachel's shoulder, and guided her over to the stairs

I sighed and got up. I took out my headphones and shoved my phone which I'm not supposed to have into my pocket. I walked over to Cliff and he reached out to grab my shoulder too. I pushed his metal arm away and glared at him.

"Don't touch me," I snapped and walked upstairs.

"Listen, Cliff, I can explain," I heard Gar say from behind me.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say," Cliff said as he walked up the stairs.

Once I got upstairs I could see both Rachel and Gar getting dragged up the stairs by Cliff. Rachel looked terrified. Probably because of the random robot man who came down and yelled at us. I would be scared if I was her. Robots aren't a very common thing. They started to walk down the hallway and I followed behind them.

"Come on, Cliff. It's all right man, she's cool!" Gar tried to reason but it's clear that Cliff didn't give a single fuck.

"I know, and she listens to all the right music and she's just awesome, and make her go," Cliff said and pushed them into the living room. I leaned against the wall.

"What is this place? Who are you, people?" Rachel asked.

"Chief calls us the conventionally challenged," Gar explained.

"Fancy way of saying lab rats," I stated.

"And this place is-" Gar started but Cliff interrupted him.

"You need to go home, kid," Cliff said.

"Are you a robot? Or.." She stuttered.

"Here we go," Cliff groaned. He hates when people talk about him being a robot.

"He's a robot man!" Gar said happily with a smile, making me laugh.

"Oh fuck me," Cliff said under his breath.

"Cliff was a race car driver. A pretty famous one, too. He got into a bad accident," he started to explain as Rachel looked around the room.

"Not that famous," I mumbled.

"His body was pretty much Kaput. Chief managed to save his brain," He said and knocked on his head.

"Knock it off," Cliff yelled.

"What little there was left of it," Gar growled.

"I don't think he has anything in there," I smiled as Cliff ignored me.

"Hey. She's gotta go before the chief gets home," Cliff said.

"Who's the chief?" She asked.

"A horrible person who takes advantage of people at their lowest," I explained.