Chapter 9

After laying around for a bit Larry brought me lunch which I ate this time

After laying around for a bit Larry brought me lunch which I ate this time. Then I just stayed downstairs waiting for Gar to come back. It's been a few hours now. I've been on my phone listening to music and scrolling through whatever social media I felt like. I also had the lights off because who the hell likes when the lights are on? I was scrolling through TikTok when the lights suddenly turned on blinding me.

"What the fuck?" I said and took my headphones out. I looked around the room for whoever is going to die when my eyes landed on the girl from the arcade and Gar.

"Oh hey Lucas," he smiled.

"Holy shit," the girl. Rachel, I think her name was Rachel, looked around Gar's room.

"Gar. What's wrong with you?" I snapped.

"Nothing, I'm perfect," he said.

"Anyways you want a pop? I got everything," he asked, grabbing Rachels's shoulders. Then he threw a bag on the ground and walked behind the minibar he had.

"Root beer? Orange Crush? Grape Crush?" he asked.

"Grape," she replied as she started walking around the room.

"Orange is better," I said.

"No grape is," Gar snapped.

"Gar no one likes grape-flavored anything it tastes like medicine,"

"I don't know what shit you're drinking but this doesn't taste like medicine," he said as he opened his and Rachel's drink.

"That's an original. 1948. You ever see it?" He asked her. She was looking at one of the posters that me and Gar stole a few months ago.

"Aren't you a little young to be watching something so old?" She asked.

"You mean classic. I've got every Abbott and Costello meet a monster," he stated.

"Yeah you're a geek aren't ya?" she asked and picked up Gars Stretch Armstrong's figure and started playing with it.

"About classic films, vinyl, and video games? Yeah, check, check, and check," he said as he walked around the Bar and over to her.

"It's kind of sad when you think about it," I said and Gar glared at me.

"So where'd you get all this stuff?" She asked.

"You know. Around," he answered as he took the figure away from her and handed her a drink. "It's vintage," he said and put the figure back where it was before.

"We stole it all from the town," I said as I got up from his bed. "And other places we've traveled,"

"Lucas," Gar snapped.

"What? You think it's believable that you just found all this shit laying around?" I said and walked around the bar to grab myself a drink. I grabbed an orange drink and opened it before taking a sip.