Chapter 12

After everything with Rachel the Chief made everyone go back upstairs

After everything with Rachel the Chief made everyone go back upstairs. I still know nothing about that poor girl downstairs. I hope the chief doesn't get a hold on her as he does with everyone. Maybe I can help her leave. Also what the fuck did Rachel do? Does she have powers? I hope she doesn't. Chief will want to study her.

"You both are risking everything by bringing somebody here," The chief said, snapping me out of my thoughts. He sat on the chair across from us.

Both me and Gar are sitting on the same couch as we get yelled at by a man with a god complex for being a normal kid. We are teenagers. Does he think we want to stay in this fucking house forever? I quickly realized I was staring at the chief. I nervously looked around the room trying to avoid looking at him again as my leg bounced. I hate this. I want to die. Why can't he just leave me alone?

"It could destroy this family. Is that what you both want?" He asked aggressively.

"No sir," Gar mumbled from next to me. I could only see his green hair out of the corner of my eye as I stared at a painting on the wall.

"Lucas? Are you even listening to me?" The Chief asked, sounding annoyed.

"Fuck you," I answered.

"Lucas," he said, like a warning.

"We aren't a family. Me and Gar are family, everyone else doesn't matter,"

"Lucas please stop," Gar mumbled.

"Whatever," I crossed my arms as my leg started to bounce more. Up down up down.

"I have only asked for one thing from you two over the years. What is it?" He asked.

"To trust you," Gar muttered.

"You've asked for way more of me," I said and he sighed.

"I'm very disappointed in both of you but especially in you Garfield," The chief said trying to manipulate Gar into feeling bad.

"Leave him alone, it's not even a big deal," I snapped.

"Enough! Lucas, you need to take this seriously!" The chief yelled as he hit the arm of the chair.

"You don't understand how dangerous it was to bring her here! Do you want the government to come here? For them to take you all away and experiment on you?" He asked as he continued to yell.

I flinched at the loud noise as I felt tears form in my eyes. What the fuck is wrong with me? I looked away from the chief and down at the floor. I pulled my legs up to my chest and hugged them. I fucking hate him. I hate my life. Why can't anybody leave me alone? I'm getting yelled at for something that's not even my fault. I didn't even bring her here.

"Lucas... I'm sorry for yelling but you need to..." the Chief started again as he pretended to feel bad.

His voice faded from my ears as they started to ring. I could feel myself shaking as it became harder to breathe. I hate being like this. I hate when he sees me being weak. Then I felt the familiar headache. I closed my eyes as I felt a tear fall from my eyes.

Gar POV

"Lucas, I'm sorry for yelling but you need to understand how what you both do has effects on everyone else here," The Chief said.

I looked over at Lucas as he curled into a ball next to me. His head rested on top of his knees as he shaked. I frowned even more than I already have and moved closer to him. I patted his knee and rubbed it softly trying to comfort him. I hate seeing him like this. I feel so useless. I can't do anything to help him. I just have to watch him fall apart. I could hear his breathing become more panicked.

"Cliff, Larry, Rita, they cannot go where you both can. If we get discovered, they will end up locked away like Rita once was. Experimented on, tortured," the chief said.

No matter how much I want to look at him I can't. I can't maintain eye contact and I can't focus. Lucas is falling apart next to me and the Chief couldn't care less. We really pissed him off. I continued to gently rub Lucas' knee before he quickly pulled it away.

"You are an incredibly selfish boy," he spat and I looked at the ground. "Never disobey me again,"

"Yes sir," I mumbled again.

"Garfield I'm sorry I had to be so stern. You know how much I care about you and the others, don't you?" He asked and I nodded.

"Good, and Lucas I'm sorry about yelling but sometimes I feel that's the only way to make you listen," he said and leaned forward and went to touch his arm.

But before he could do that his arm froze in place. I watched in shock as the Chief got violently pushed back into his chair by an invisible force. Fuck. Oh fuck. Michael slowly looked up and glared at the chief. I slowly inched away as Michael cocked his head to the side like a predator stalking its prey.

"Don't fucking touch me!" He yelled. I could see tears on his cheeks. Lucas must have been crying.

"Michael it's so good to see you," Chief said.

"Go fuck yourself you old fuck," he spat as he uncurled from the ball Lucas made himself.

"Michael I understand why you're angry but-" the Chief started but Michael shot up from his seat.

"No you don't," he growled as he stepped closer to the chief getting into his face. "I swear to god if you ever and I mean ever! Make Lucas cry again I'll do way fucking worse than put your sorry ass in a fucking wheelchair," he spat as objects around us started to shake.

"Oh shit," I mumbled as the base next to me started to float.

"I don't give a fuck about Rita or Cliff or fucking Larry! I'll go to the government my fucking self and turn each and every one of these freaks in and not shed a fucking tear. Do you understand me? I don't give a flying fuck about anyone in this house!" He continued to yell as more shit in the room started levitating.

"Michael you know that's a bad idea,"

"I could care fucking less. Because guess what. It's my word against yours fucker," he laughed and violently poked the chief's chest. "You kidnapped Lucas and our cousin. You drugged us. Experiment on us. You're no better than the fuckers in charge," he snapped again with a smile.

I looked at the chief as his hand slowly crept down to his pocket. I know what he's grabbing. Lucas complains about it all the time. How whenever he drugs Michael he feels like shit for days after. Lucas is scared of needles because of the chief.

His hand quickly shot back up with the syringe in hand as he tried to stick it into Michael's neck. But once again his hand froze then the syringe exploded. Michael took a step back as he laughed. God that laugh is horrifying. I hate Michael.

"Come on Chief, you've been doing the same shit forever. If you want to stick me then you're going to have to try harder," he giggled then his attention turned to me.

"You. Get up. We are going to eat dinner. I'm starving. Lucas eats like an anorexic cheerleader," he groaned, and before I could even reply I was floating in the air.

"I can walk myself, Michael,"

"You take too long. Let's go," he snapped and started walking. I floated behind him, almost hitting the wall.