•••1•••

Prologue (0,1)

She tossed in her bed, staring at the flickering candle on the table by the side of her head. The only light illuminating her boarded up room after having many sleepless nights of just staring out toward the moon high in the sky.

Yet, it seemed that even without the bright distraction in the sky, Tyra still didn't seem to find sleep. The almost fully melted candle deeming much more interesting than the prospect of resting.

As the candle was spewing out it's last embers, Tyra saw a new light flicker beneath her door, she immediately turned over on her mattress facing the wall rather than the light and drifting her eyes closed, hoping that whoever had just entered her room believed her to be asleep.

"I can tell you're not asleep, Tyra." She huffed, turning back on her mattress to look at who had interrupted her inexistent sleep.

Hadyn had a candle of his own held in his hand, the warm wax hitting his skin, though after all his battles, the pain from it seemed like a mere tickle.

He was in his full warrior regalia, face covered in splotches of black, a white coat of fur over his shoulders hiding his weapons strapped to his chest, arms, and legs. Though all the white only made his bright red hair pop up more against the colours, Tyra supposed that was why the coat had a hood hidden behind his back.

"How could you tell?" Hadyn snuffed her worn out candle, replacing it with his own fresh waxen tube.

"Your breathing was uneven, any warrior can tell the difference."

"I'm a warrior and I can't tell the difference." Hadyn sat at the foot of Tyra's bed, her squirming into a sitting position, so he could fit better on her small bed, her back landing against the cool rocky wall.

"You will be able to one day. Now, why aren't you asleep? Mother put you to be bed hours ago." Tyra shrugged, absentmindedly playing with the fraying ends of her blanket draped over the lower half of her body.

"I was thinking about how to beat Lexa tomorrow. I was thinking of throwing a rock at her head, maybe that will distract her enough for me to get into her guard." Tyra shot her most innocent smile at her brother, but Hadyn only showed her a half lipped one.

"I am not father or mother, you can't lie to me." Tyra scoffed, pulling the blanket tighter against her body, using her best glare on Hadyn.

Though, thanks to her bedridden hair sticking out in every possible direction and purple rimmed eyes. Her glare didn't seem any less threatening than a still plant.

"You are like them. Old and cranky." Hadyn smirked, creeping up to Tyra's side, slowly sliding over the blanket.

"Do I? I'll show you old." In a blur too fast for Tyra to spot, Hadyn pounced on her, one of his hands tightly secured over Tyra's mouth while the other pressed into her sides.

Tyra squirmed under his grip, loud laughs being muffled by Hadyn's hand while she kept trying to kick at his back to free herself, only the pain of the kick was muffled by the thick coat on his body.

"Is this old? Do you still think I'm old?" Tyra shook her head under his hand, tears of laughter already spilling past her eyes.

Once she stopped shaking her head, Hadyn let her go, siting back on her bed while Tyra regained her breath, her hair even more of a tangled mess after squirming over it.

"That's what I thought." Tyra stuck her tongue out at Hadyn, him only pushing her face into the mattress while she quietly laughed.

She threw her pillow at him, Hadyn catching it almost effortlessly while sticking it on his lap. "You are mean."