•••2•••

Wanheda Part One (1,1)

She dodged the blow, the sword whizzing past her chest, almost embedding itself into the dirt by her feet had she not jumped back.

The sword swung back towards Tyra's chest, her ducking back, so it grazed her neck, still not touching her skin, before she grabbed his arm, pulling him forward to send a knee into his stomach.

And while he lurched forward in pain, she took advantage of it and twisted his arm with the sword behind his back, pressing the sword into his back before she tossed it away, applying her entire weight on his back, so he fell forward on his knees before she hit him across the back of his head with the hilt of her own sword.

"I yield," Tyra grinned, rushing to Loukas' front to extend her arm, so she could help him stand up.

He grunted as he stood, slightly stumbling as he did so, but thanks to Tyra's strong grip on him, Loukas didn't fall forward.

Ever since he had returned from being a Reaper, Tyra had been trying to help him back into his warrior ways, even if their people still stared at him as he were the enemy.

Her efforts especially prominent once Lexa left the two in Trikru, so Loukas could heal in a familiar space instead of inside Polis where he would only be judged three times as much.

They had started with a much-needed haircut that cropped his curls close to the top of Loukas' head. Next they moved to the basic manoeuvres of even holding a knife, seeing as his entire body was still shaky over the need for the drug given to Reapers, Tyra having to hear him whimper and cry at night for peace from such a craving.

Although, during the past months he had gotten better, or he had only improved in internalizing his suffering. Though, physically he had been able to hold a sword much steadier, which naturally led to sparring matches with his younger sister who didn't hold back in the slightest.

Tyra called it payback for all the times he had made fun of her for being disarmed in less than a minute by Lexa throughout her childhood.

"When did you even become this skilled?" Tyra shrugged, kicking his sword back so Loukas could catch it midair, her own being twirled around her arm.

"I'm not, you're just bad at sword fighting." The two siblings circled each other, both in low stances, ready to pounce on the other at any given moment.

"Are you mocking me, Tyra?"

"Maybe I am. What are you going to do about it?" He charged.

Loukas let out a loud battle cry while he tried slashing at Tyra's stomach, sliding on his knees while Tyra's own sword passed above his head. Though, Loukas underestimated Tyra's speed as she had enough time to not only avoid the hit, but also send a kick to his jaw.

While he shook the daze off, Tyra rushed behind him and wrapped her forearm around his neck, using her other arm to hold against the one pressed to his body, so it'd add more leverage for her to choke him.

Loukas attempted at stabbing her with his sword, sending wild stabs behind his head, while his other hand attempted at freeing Tyra's hold on him. But, both attempts fell futile, and eventually, he caved in, he tapped her arm three times, allowing her to win.

He coughed heavily as Tyra freed her hold on his neck, Loukas rubbing his sore trachea while Tyra grinned triumphantly over his hunched over body. He glared at his sister.

"I let you win." Tyra laughed mockingly, holstering her sword back by her side while she went to retrieve Loukas'.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, brother." Tyra handed Loukas his sword, him yanking it out of her hands with a scowl, also hiding it in the holster on his back while he used a tree branch as support to stand up.