•••37•••

Perverse Instantiation Part One (15,3)

Ontari looked to be at a complete loss for words. Mouth gaping like a fish begging for air while she watched the thick black blood trail down Tyra's arm. Though her anger was particularly more evident than her confusion, having increased by a tenfold just by the idea that she had, in fact, not won the conclave yet. And she couldn't become Commander without winning.

"Ontari, you must fight her." The Azgeda warrior glared at one of the representatives helping the one who had been whipped to his feet.

"Are you that scared you will lose?" Ontari switched her glare to fit into Tyra, her hand tightening around the hilt of her sword as she saw the taunting edge to Tyra's words.

"I accept the fight." A warrior went up to Ontari so she could place her sword in his hands and take off her thick coat, so it wouldn't lower her mobility.

Tyra replicated Ontari's actions, taking off her coat to reveal the arm wrappings she had been using for the past weeks. She handed Loukas the coat right after she finished wiping her hand.

The wound on her palm was still far too open and bleeding heavily to allow it to be fully out in the open, so Loukas took off the wrapping around his own hand, after all, his palm was already in the process of scarring in comparison to Tyra's, as he tied the cloth around her hand.

"Don't you dare lose." Once he tied the ends together to grab her coat, Tyra removed both swords from her hips, laying them both gently over Loukas' arms.

"I don't lose."

"Ontari, take the key, as a token of good luck." Jaha held out the chip to Ontari, Tyra resting her hand over one of her knives to throw it at one of the two if Ontari dared the chip. She would not be part of an unfair fight.

Though it seemed Tyra had nothing to worry about since Ontari didn't even spare Jaha a glance, too focused on trying to prove that she was the best in every fight she was challenged to.

"I don't need luck." Ontari took out her sword from its holster, twisting it by her side while she menacingly approached Tyra.

With one last sigh, Tyra replicated Ontari's actions, taking out her twin sword to Lexa's from its holster laying on Loukas' arms. She carefully scanned her surroundings one last time before fully immersing herself into the fight.

Jaha didn't look like he would intervene at all, which meant A.L.I.E wouldn't intervene and would allow Tyra's fight to remain fair.

Half of the representatives looked ready to flee while Tyra distracted Ontari with the fight, while the others, she could already hear them murmuring as to whom they thought would win. But most of them hadn't seen Tyra fight, they only knew she had to be good to have been as close to a Commander as she had been for the past years.

Roan stood stoically between Clarke and Octavia, though if Tyra tilted her head to the side, she could see the glint of a knife peaking from his back. Octavia was holding him at knife point to remain quiet, though Tyra doubted he'd intervene that late into the fight. He'd be seen as a traitor for participating negatively in the sanctity of a fight for the role of Commander.

Lastly, her eyes landed on Bellamy, his expression said nothing, but she'd seen the worry shining in his eyes far too many times to not be able to recognize it. Not to mention the overall stiffness of his body while he held his gun closely by his side. Tyra hoped that was just his way of coping and not a sign that he'd shoot Ontari if she demonstrated the upper hand, because that would cause more troubles than Tyra's life was worth.