•••20•••

Thirteen (7,2)

Tyra slept as peacefully as she ever could, wrapped in her bundles of fur blankets and silk sheets, the moonlight barely peaking between her heavy curtains. Though her mind kept wanting to torture her even in her sleep.

It tortured her by her hyper awareness of the ghost of the man she loved laying behind her, his ghost kisses running all over her spine. The ghost of his hands holding her own, his whispers echoing inside her ear while his hair tickled the nape of her neck. If Tyra wasn't so desperate to believe the ghost was real, she would've forced herself to awake and come to her senses.

But her dream was suddenly cut short when a loud shot rang across the hallway, Tyra jumping awake almost immediately, taking the knife that she never slept without from under her pillow while she strained her ears to see if she wasn't still dreaming.

But once she heard another gunshot ring, Tyra knew she wasn't dreaming any longer. She didn't wait to shake her coat on, immediately springing to her bare feet to rush out the door with her knife at the ready, sword loosely hanging over her shoulder.

As she ran out her door, Tyra nearly ran into Lexa, barely managing to skid to a stop before they both tumbled to the ground. Lexa placed a finger over her lips, grabbing Tyra's outstretched knife while the woman in question tied her holster to her side, holding her freed sword by her side just as another shot rang out.

Tyra and Lexa stood in a single file outside the door to Clarke's room, both with their weapons ready to attack, while Tyra attempted to not let her bare feet echo around the hallway, even when the freezing concrete numbed her toes.

Lexa raised her hand, silently counting to three for Tyra to ready herself before she opened the door, and then another shot rang out.

Tyra's ears rung, but not at the closeness of the shot, but at how Lexa stumbled into her chest and Clarke, along with Titus, who was the one holding the gun, stared with shock at their Commander.

"Lexa." The knife dropped from Lexa's hand, stumbling straight into Tyra's arm, who also dropped her sword to catch her.

"Heda..." Lexa's legs fully gave out on her, Tyra slowly sliding toward the ground with her weight on her while she stared at her sister in her arms.

A gaping, heavily bleeding hole in her chest, coating both her hands and Tyra's as they both tried applying pressure above it, but Tyra was already panicking at the amount of blackness coating her fingers. She entered such a state of shock that she didn't realize Clarke and Titus had already kneeled by her side until she saw Clarke's hands pressing over her own to further help Lexa.

"No. No. Help me get her to the bed." Tears were beginning to fall across Tyra's cheek, she didn't even care that Titus and Clarke were watching her.

Gently, Titus took Lexa from Tyra's arms while the warrior kept staring straight at Lexa's heaving chest before he fully carried her in his arms and took her to the bed, Clarke and Tyra running with him while the latter jumped over to the other side of the bed so both her and Clarke could inspect the wounds at different angles, though Tyra's hands were shaking significantly more than they ever had before.

"What have I done?" In the back of Tyra's mind, she was vaguely aware of Titus' confession to harming Lexa, and she would be sure that he suffered for it. But in the moment she was more worried about Lexa gasping for air below her.

"I need something to stop the bleeding. Tyra plug the wound," They both obeyed, Tyra sneaking her fingers to try to find the vein that was splurging out all of Lexa's blood on her hands, but there was so much of the substance that Tyra couldn't even find a single vein around the small hole.