•••24•••

Nevermore (11,1)

They returned to the cave with grave news about how Arkaida had fallen, but not to an enemy the three warriors in the cave were used to. According to what Jasper had relayed to Sinclair, this new enemy hid inside their friend's minds.

How exactly was Tyra supposed to fight an enemy she couldn't touch?

"No understand." Loukas' mind had been spinning as much as Tyra's had around the situation. Only while Tyra was trying to think of a solution to rid them of the threat, Loukas was more focused on first understanding what it was.

"I don't understand it, either. It's something about those chips." Monty answered while he sat around the fire with Loukas, throwing sticks in to keep the flames alive.

"We'll know soon enough. Be ready." The sound of some shuffling around caught their attention, Tyra and Loukas immediately going for their swords thinking it was yet another threat, only to discover it was Octavia packing.

Frankly, Tyra was shocked she had stayed as long as she had. Knowing the bond she and Lincoln had, if it had been Tyra in her position, she would've already ditched their group to give the man she loved a proper burial.

"O, wait. You can't just leave." Bellamy didn't appear to share Tyra's views on the matter, him wanting to keep Octavia close just to protect her.

Loukas could relate to his feelings, after all, him and his brothers had felt the same way the first few months of Tyra's life, but eventually, they all had to let go so she'd be able to learn about the world and who she was on her own. They couldn't shelter someone from the world forever.

"Watch me."

"You heard what Jasper said on the radio. Arkadia is not safe." Octavia scoffed, tying the finishing details to her pack as she readied to leave.

"What Jasper said sounds insane. Pike's gone. I can handle myself. Grounders burn their dead."

"I know that, and then what? Where you gonna go?"

"You don't get to ask me that." Bellamy sighed exasperated, his growing frustration clear in every sense of way.

"What more do I have to do to prove that I am on your side?"

"Bring Lincoln back," Bellamy fell silent at Octavia's words. He couldn't even imagine being in her position, nor did he wish to do so. But he was thinking with his mind that was hardwired to protect her.

"Turning Pike in does not make you one of the good guys, Bellamy. You did that to save Tyra and me, not because what you thought Pike was doing to the Grounders was wrong."

"The Grounders were starving us out."

"Because you massacred an army that was sent to protect us."

"That army could've attacked us at any time, and you know it."

Tyra would've been lying if she said that the argument spoken by Bellamy didn't sting. She had begun to think that maybe, just maybe, the Bellamy she loved was still buried between the wraps of Pike's henchman. But the more she looked for him, the less Tyra found of the man she fell in love with.

"But they didn't attack. You did that. You were hurting, and you lashed out because that's what you do. There are consequences, Bell. People get hurt. People die, your people. Monroe's dead. Lincoln is dead."

With that final blow to Bellamy, Octavia turned on her heel to leave the cave behind to bury the man she loved. But with one look at each other, Tyra and Loukas had decided she would not go alone.