Ollivanders.

(DELPHINI POV.)

Today was finally the day that I get my first wand! Oh I'm so excited! Mother says it's a birthday gift since I've turned 11 last week. Mom was willing to come with me today and I can't believe it. Me and her barely go out together! We're always cooped up in that depressing house and I never get to go anywhere but today that changes. Father unfortunately won't be here for the big day. He is too busy cooped up with work so he will miss me get my first wand.

-

We were walking in busy streets. One of the signs says Diagon Alley. I don't think I've ever seen this many people in one place before. Quite freaky if you ask me. There are people my own age everywhere with books in hand with owls and fluffy little creatures oh I want one as well! I girl in front of her was holding hands with her mother looking at the windowsill of a flower shop. I looked at my own mother and held her hand in which she immediately drew it away in disapproval, "Don't do that again." She said sternly. Why can't I hold hands with her? The other kids are doing it why can't I? Does she not love me? I was too afraid to ask. We kept walking when a boy barged into me, "Ow!" I exclaimed rubbing my arm. He quickly got up, "I'm so terribly sorry. Oh- I like your hair" he smiled at me, "Thank you?" I said, I've never received a compliment before. "Are you going to Hogwarts this year too?" He asked, I looked down at the floor knowing the answer. Mother shooed the boy away, "Stop speaking to her and go find your mummy will you?" The boy got embarrassed and walked away. I sighed and followed her.

She then dragged my arm inside this purple old shop and spoke, "Go and get your birthday present and be quick I don't have all day do you understand?" I nodded rapidly, "Yes mo- ma'am." She nodded, "There's a good girl now go!" I turn on my heel and walk up to the counter hearing a bell ring. A middle aged man appeared from the back to greet me, "Hello you, I'm mr ollivander" I tilted my head, "I always thought Mr ollivander was an old man." The owner laughed at this, "You must've read about my father then, Garrick Ollivander. He was the owner of this shop for decades before he passed away..now it is up to me to carry on the legacy." I nod interested. "Well" he clasped his hands together, "It is time to get you your first wand am I correct? Going to Hogwarts soon I presume." I shook my head, "No..mother wants me home so I'm homeschooled." He snorts while ruffling through some boxes, "Well you don't hear that often.. ah- here it is." He pulls out a wand box, "Hmm let's see Ebony wood.. unicorn tail hair..9 inches long" he examined then passed it over to me, "Go ahead give it a wave." He said excitedly. The wand felt prickly in my small hand. It was quite an uncomfortable one to hold. My eyes fluttered across the room and I waved it. Suddenly boxes were flying everywhere. Even Mr ollivander himself had to duck so he wouldn't get caught in the crossfire. "Oops" was all I said while gently placing the wand back on the counter. "No worries dear" he laughed nervously, "It's rare to find your wand on the first try" he now went back into searching while making small talk with me. I must admit no one has ever tried to repeatedly start a conversation with me for this long without growing uninterested. But I suppose it is his job to do so.

He went back into looking through boxes and climbing up some latter's that would give him access to wands that were really high up. He grabbed a blue box then came down. "Let's see" he said opening the box, "Thunderbird feather's core..Hornbeam wood and..11 inches long" he handed me the dark brown wand. It had a little white crystal at the bottom that gave it an extra magical look. I smiled as I took it in my hand and swished it. The bottle of a vintage drink on his counter soon broke into thousands of pieces, the bottle looked old and certainly expensive.. he massaged his forehead, "Definitely not that one." He turned back around and continued on his hunt to find the perfect one for me.

After a few minutes I noticed something odd. A pattern if you will. He kept glancing at a certain black velvet box with a purple sill on a shelf amongst many, that specific box stood out like a sore thumb compared to the other brown and red dusty ones. He kept going to it then getting away from it while shaking his head. He turned around to try and find another box. What was wrong with that one? Nevertheless he chose a light green one that was just on top of the crooked shelves. I admired how they could find wands amongst the chaos that is in here. Mother keeps telling me to tidy my room, clearly she hasn't seen this place.