Wizards chess.

After nearly every single girl from my dormitory wing called me dying to know what Cedric wanted I could finally hit the sheets. Honestly what was it with these hormonal teenage girls? Cedric didn't seem to want anything from me. I pulled him aside on an empty hallway and we talked for maybe half an hour. For them that may have seemed a century apparently. But we just exchanged info about one another back and forth, of course I didn't tell him everything about me, that would just be stupid. Just enough to keep him going. After that he gave me his owl's name in case I wanted to send him a letter which I found pointless. Why would I ever want to send him anything? I'm just here to make sure you don't die at the hands of my father. We don't even have to know each other. Either way I accepted out of courtesy and blah blah blah. We just said we'd catch each other around and then we left. See nothing interesting. Nothing worth risking your life to see me annoyed for.

But I did get to see that mudblood annoyed and that will definitely make me sleep better tonight. Poor girl probably fancies the guy. I might just steal him for the sake of it. Nah I'm too lazy for that and I'm not here to play silly games. Although I'd love to see her angry, she's definitely the type to get red as a tomato when she is too HA! What a pathetic little creature.

Ahhh I should rest now.

~

"You dare?" I asked crossing my arms. "What scared?" Enzo said with a smirk. "Please no one can beat me at chess." He shook his head and we sat in the great hall. Wizards chess in front of us, untouched ready to be played. "I'm the red, you're the white." He said. I only giggled and cracked my fingers, "Making a big mistake here. You know how much free time I've had to master this silly game?" I said a smirk appearing on my lips. This man will loose in the matter of what? 5 moves? No. 3 at best.

"I guess we're about to find out won't we?" He waved his hand signaling me to make the first move. Alright, he asked for it. There's something about Enzo I can admire, his sense of competition. He's always wanting to prove himself in any game anyone can fathom or come up with. Even if he looses, he doesn't give up. That can be useful. Not the loosing part but the consistency that he has about what we wants. I moved my first peon two blocks ahead. One thing I've learned about chess, is that you want to take the maximum room or territory if you will, that you can fathom. Take a lot of space. I moved my center right peon so my queen and bishop are both free to move across the board diagonally. He too moved his little soldier ahead meeting with mine face to face. Silly move on his part. I moved my queen to the right corner of the board making his king vulnerable.

"Check." I said.

He frowned and realized that this wasn't going to be as easy as he thought...

"HA check mate!" I said after 10 minutes of playing. So okay he didn't lose in the matter of 3-5 moves Il give him that much. But a win is a win. We shook each others hand and the Weasley twins came to view.

"Delphini black. You are a hard girl to find you are." They said breathlessly. I glanced down seeing one of them hiding an old wrinkly piece of paper behind they're backs. I would've thought it a map if it wasn't blank.
.

"And you are?" I asked fully knowing who they are but they don't know that.

"Oh right!" They look at each other. "This is George" he waved with a smile. "And I'm Fred." He playfully bowed with a smirk. "We're Weasley, George and Fred Weasley." I nodded and removed my legs that were resting on the table and greeted them. "I would present myself but you already said my name. So I assume you know who I am."

Fred nodded with a smile, "That is correct, news passes fast here especially when there's a new pretty face." I hummed understandingly and sat back down propping my legs back on the table. "So why were you looking for me?"

"W-well we heard you're quite skilled in the spells department. At least that's what we heard. We'd like to do a bit of mischief if you're up to it. And if you're not up for that then simply hang out."

Mischief? Right I heard about them in my time. Well ones dead. Fred I think. They both used to own a prank store with sweets and everything that was funded by the Potter boy. Albus invited me to hang out one time and told me he would take me there. I declined because gods no. Why would I hang out with the kid of the man who took my parents away? No.

I shrugged, "Hmm I'm new around here so I'd like to keep my record clear for now..but we can hang and I'll see if I'm feeling a bit mischievous later on."

They gave me a thumbs up, "Okay come on then! we'd like to show you the grounds a bit beforehand." Enzo was still examining my moves from the chess game so I assume I can leave.

"Okay then, lead the way."

Word count :944