-C.D

(DELPHINI POV.)

It's been more than a week since the first task has taken place. Things quieted down a bit since. And as forseen Harry took the egg. So all is going according to how everything was uupppsed to happen.

There isn't much to do now but wait until the other tasks and Barty to do his job correctly.

I pushed those thoughts away as I turned the page of my book. Seconds later I heard footsteps coming in, I recognized those. Lightweight, fast walker, ah yes.

"Sorry I'm late, I was-"

I look up seeing Hermione with a couple of books in hand walk in. I knew it.

"Welcome." I said calmly and took in her school attire. She wasn't wearing her robe right now, only her white blouse with her tie around her neck. Since the little moment we had on the day of the first tournament we never spoke to one another never saw glimpses of each other outside of class, nothing. It was odd. She wasn't being her annoying self.

She looked to her left then to her right, and saw that I was the only one in this old room that rarely any students came across in, hence all the dust. But it's perfect for people who enjoy the quiet, like me.

She sighed, "Oh it's you. I thought it was Adrien's room." So she's not annoying me, she's barely in the same room as me and she's acting dry? Ha let's add that to the list of 'Hermione Grangers mysterious phenomenons' BUT look even if it's odd..I suppose it's just how I like it..Well I like it because it actually makes it easier for me to get along my business without being interrupted or loosing my temper.

But wait wait back to what she said, Adrien? one of my housemates? He never mentioned knowing Granger outside school periods. What would he want with her? Il have to question him later.
Nevertheless Adrien is just like me in the sense that he enjoys the piece and quiet, it calms him down after his quidditch practices. He often comes in these exact rooms far from everything and everyone to study. But today, this one was occupied by me. I knew where he was and she wasn't too far off.

I flicked the edge of my middle finger over my tongue and turned the next page of the magical beasts book that I found on one of the shelves in this very room. Magical beasts fascinate me and I'd like to know everything about them, more then the basics that is. I'd like to own many, they'd come to be very useful to me. I aspire to wield a dragon. It is known that they are untrainable and aren't for domestic purposes, but it doesn't hurt to try now does it? Anyone Can accomplish what they want if they desire it enough and are willing to work and make sacrifices for it.

My fingers traced over the texts unbothered. I could feel her eyes still on me, "Next room darling." I said teasingly and bobbed my head to the right showing her where to find him and continued reading furthermore.

She shifted her weight from one leg to another, and looked down at her feet ready to take her leave.

"What for?" I asked, my eyes still on the parchment.

"Pardon?" She questioned.

My eyes left the book and landed on her brown ones, "Adrien, why are you looking for him?"

She held onto her books tighter against her chest. I've noticed by now that she was always carrying books around. It didn't matter where she was going or whether if they were meant for school or not, she needed to have a couple at all times, why? Probably the same reason why I sometimes carried some, to escape this miserable world for as long as my brain lets me leave it. Escape to the world the author built, like going on an adventure and meeting new people on the way. Books were the only thing that have always been there for me, true and loyal companions that would never leave or betray you. I would never understand people who can not sit down and just read, read for pleasure and not because their obligated. Simple minds only relate to pictures. And if I knew something she was the opposite of simple. I found it curious. I've noticed it in her eyes by now, how they're always hungry for knowledge and always seem to be ready to learn new things, even if I couldn't stand her I admired that. It reminded me of myself a little. I knew that if we were ever to sit down and have a normal civilized conversation it wouldn't be foolish. It would be real, natural and serious. Sure I could already foresee the many debates we would have about controversial topics. But wheres the fun in talking to someone if we don't have those type of arguments. But it all wouldn't matter now would it? We have different beliefs and we were born to walk on different paths of life. I'm not mad about it, I'm indifferent. She chose who she wanted to be and it lead her to have a brilliant future. She became someone out of nothing. A muggle born and all because she pursued knowledge. And even I can respect that because I too pursue it, but not to change laws that men who are so old that they're on the verge of decomposing put in place. I bet if I flicked them with the edge of my finger they would just disappear into dust for the wind to carry. No, I pursue knowledge for greater purposes like power.