Partners.

It's nearly been a week since the Granger accident. And how painfully annoying it was. We never talked again after that. Not even evil glances. I didn't mind it at all, less contact I get from that mudblood the better. What was worse was the fact that us simply ignoring each other was about to end, all because of that intolerant stupid shithead of a teacher.

"So.." the teacher tapped his fingernails against his hardwood desk. I wasn't paying much attention to him. A book that Blaise requested that I was currently reading caught my attention. I knew I liked Blaise from the start. Even though his parents were never deatheaters and his mother surely murdered all 7 or was it 8 of her husbands to get their fortunes. That had nothing to do with him. He was wealthy, intelligent, sassy and arrogant sometimes but please, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Look at me, I'm not the star example of the perfect teenager. Far from it but I'm not complaining. I'm different, superior.

I turn the next page of the book when the teacher spoke again.

"So I thought about our next test should be done as partners. Let's see how you do in teamwork on this upcoming project."

I looked up and locked eyes with Blaise, ahh he is the smartest in this class besides me, ~ bushy haired girl.~, Pansy and Draco not falling too much behind.

"Hmm you should pick someone that has a strong emotional tether to you for this one."

Draco shrugs and makes his way to me. That's fine I don't mind partnering with Draco.

"Miss black."

I locked eyes with the teacher, "Yes professor?"

He bit his lip in thought, "..You go with Granger."

.

.

... you have got to be bloody joking. What was all that yapping about partnering with someone you have a strong connection to or whatever? Lying bastard.

I might have missed the killing blow with the mudblood but i surely won't miss it with you.

"Wait? What?" Draco said annoyed. Please by all means.

"Sir there must be a mistake, Hermione can't partner up with- her." Ron said, his voice quivering as he mentioned me.

"The decision is final." The professor said and rolled his glasses up his nose bridge with his index.

I squeezed my fist and made eye contact with her. She was already looking at me. Ron and Harry were talking to her and whispering to each other besides her but she didn't seem to pay attention.

I sighed and got up, "6 pm, library." I said as I walked past her exiting the classroom. The bell rung seconds later.

-

I could feel her eyes glued onto me from my book.

"You're starring" I said, my eyes looking over the printed words on the old smelly parchment. We were already in the library. We both had sat in silence until I just broke it. She looked back down, "Nothing it's just we haven't-"

"Talked? Give each other the evil eye for awhile? I'd rather like to keep the streak going. Not that I hate pissing you off. It quite literally brings me joy."

She crossed her arms, "Seems odd for a Slytherin like you to give up such habits."

It's not my choice. I failed on killing her and to keep bothering or going out of my way to piss her off will only get her to always keep an eye on me, and I've come to realize perhaps that's not the best of ideas.