Ang Wakas

Ang Wakas

Isaiah 60:22,
When the time is right, I, the LORD, will make it happen. 

IF I WOULD BE THE ONE to describe my life I will use the word "Really". I know some of you will become confused by that but for me it is a great definition of my life especially when God let me... met her. 

Meeting Adira Kelsie Orlandez was the most pretty thing that ever happened to me. Like it can make me question "God, really?" Why am I so blessed by letting it happen? But anyway, I have no regrets after all, even a little. 

Maraming nangyari simula no'ng makilala ko siya. Maraming magandang karanasan na nadagdag sa buhay ko at kahit may hindi pero nangibabaw pa rin sa'kin ang pangyayaring nakilala ko siya. 

I thought I was just living a plain life. Enjoying my peace alone, studies, my work and repeat. But when I lead my eyes on her since we were became classmates, doon na nagbago ang lahat. Walang araw na hindi ko siya tiningnan at walang araw na hindi ko siya hinangaan kahit hindi niya ako pansin. Sino namang makapapansin sa presensya ko kung palaging siyang busy sa trabaho, sa buhay at sa lahat ng bagay. 

She's totally different from other girls that I've met. I mean... I know that we are unique and have different traits but Adira is something I can't describe. She's too simple and plain but her heart is like a diamond that not anyone can afford. She's too precious for me and brave. 

I know that she's the main character of her story and I'm just a part of her chapter but I will make sure that I will be also part of her last page or in her epilogue. 

"H-hi," nabubulol na bati ng babaeng nasa harapan ko. 

I can feel her nervousness because I know it's new for her. Hindi siya sanay sa ganito. Seeing her right now, standing in front of me like nothing's happened in the past makes me happy. 

I always pray to God to see her like this. To watch her overcoming challenges and become the best version of herself. She's already the best but now she's become the best of the best.

"Honestly, I don't know what to say. Year  has passed but still I can't imagine that I'm here... standing proudly in front of you all," pag-amin niya sa aming lahat.

I witnessed how people's flashes a smile on their faces. They are all smiling now looking at the bravest woman on earth. 

It's been a year but still I'm proud of her–so proud. 

I continued looking at her and giving my best smile to let her know that I'm here, always here. 

"Life." Natigilan ako nang iyon lang ang sinabi niya. I roamed around and like me, her family was confused by what she said. "That's my biggest enemy in order to survive," dagdag niya. She smirked that made me gulped. 

Ramdam na ramdam ko ang bigat sa kaniyang boses, tila ba gano'n din kabigat ang napagdaanan niya. 

"Before, I thought that my mother gave birth to me to live life to the fullest, to enjoy, reach success, be happy and wait for my time to die. But... that was my biggest mistake by assuming life will go like that." Napaupo ako nang maayos sa aking narinig. Napansin kong natahimik ang paligid ng simbahan. 

Oo, nasa simbahan kami. Father Gabrielle asked me if I know someone to give testimony for the mass as we celebrate the feast of San Isidro Labrador. Agad na pumasok sa isip ko si Adira. She has many things to say and to share that can help people like her to be motivated and continue living. 

Nakiusap ako sa kaniya. Noong una, ayaw na ayaw niya. Sinuyo ko siya nang sinuyo hanggang sa pumayag ito. Kaya nandito siya ngayon, nakahandang ibahagi sa mundo ang buhay na kaniyang pinaghirapan na ipanalo.