Chapter 2: Introductions

A 100,000 yen?

That is quite a considerable amount of money to give students as a monthly allowance. Especially as this school is supposed to prepare the students for our society, giving out 100,000 yen as a monthly allowance was quite suspicious.

However, it was still early to judge, so I let our teacher, Chibashira-sensei, resume her explanation of the school's rules.

"Were you guys surprised by the amount of points given? This school measures the abilities of students. Everyone here, who passed the entrance exam, has shown some level of merit and worth. The amount of money is a reflection of your skills. Use without holding back. After graduation, however, all the points will be taken back. Since it's impossible to change these points into cash, there's no point in saving up the points. How the points are used are up to you. Use it on things you like or need. If you feel that no use for some of your points, you can always transfer them to someone else. However, bullying other people for points is prohibited. The school is very strict on matters concerning bullying."

Chibashira-sensei paused for a second, giving us space to take in the information. The classroom was silent for a while before murmurs begin to spread throughout the students like a ripple of water.

"It isn't as strict of a school as I thought it would be."

"Seriously, 100,000 yen a month?"

While my classmates were seemingly delighted about the information they had just received, it bugged me in some way. I glanced at the site, spotting a few cameras on the ceiling.

"Well, she said that the school is quite strict on matters concerning bullying, so that would explain the cameras. Still, isn't that a little too much?"

Whispering to myself, I reassessed the information, before closing my eyes, sighing as I leaned back into my chair. With my head facing the ceiling, I knit my eyebrows.

No matter how I look at it, 100,000 yen a month seems a little too much. Let's replay that scenario in my head again.

'This school measures the abilities of students. Everyone here, who passed the entrance exam, has shown some level of merit and worth. The amount of money is a reflection of your skills.'

I'm certain that this is what she said. If we go by that explanation, then we get money corresponding to our achievements. Chibashira-sensei told us, that passing the entrance exam showcased our level of merit and worth, so...

Ah, I see.

Opening my eyes again, I leaned forward again, supporting my chin with my hands, as I stacked them on top of each other.

"It seems like no one has questions. Well then, please lead a good student life."

The murmurs had calmed down after a while. As nobody had any questions after the room went into silence again, Chibashira-sensei interpreted it as her cue to go and thus left the room again.

And once again, the students began to speak with each other, still bewildered by their "allowance".

"This much preferential treatment is a bit scary."

I could hear the black-haired girl whispering behind me. I didn't know whether she was talking to Ayanokoji or herself, but it seemed like an opportunity for me to butt in. After all, I had some information I wanted to share.

"This is not preferential treatment. It is just what we deserved for passing the entrance exam." I said as I turned around, facing both, Ayanokoji and the black-haired girl.

While Ayanokoji didn't react much, Horikita raised an eyebrow. I wonder if Ayanokoji didn't react because he already knew or just because he wasn't a very expressive person.