Chapter 7: Scores

Part 1

After school, Hirata issued a discussion round to plan how we should proceed next.

Utilizing his charisma, almost everyone showed up, even Horikita. Though Sudou refrained from coming, everyone else in our class is present.

Sitting on my seat, I rewatched the video I bought during break and tried to ignore the sound of Yamauchi harassing Ayanokoji in the background.

Usually, I would've intervened but I was on a time limit and wanted to finish this before the discussion began.

"What are you doing, Sia?"

Sakura approached me from the side and looked over my shoulder. I could see her curious eyes reflected on my phone screen.

"Nothing, really."

I turned off my phone when I finished watching the last few seconds of the video. Putting it away, I turned my head to Sakura, facing her with a weak smile.

"Just some research."

"Really? What have you been researching about?"

"Well, it would be best if you just waited. I'll tell you soon enough."

"Alright..."

Sakura looked a little disappointed, but she quickly recovered, clasping her hands together as if she suddenly remembered something important.

"Right! I almost forgot what day it was!"

"The first of May?"

"No, something else. Do you still remember what you promised me?"

"What I promised you..?"

Repeating the words, I tilted my head to the side, trying to remember what she was talking about. However, nothing came to my mind. Was it something important for me to forget it like that?

"Really..."

She sighed with a look that said 'what am I going to do with you?'.

"Sometimes you can remember everything at a single glance and other times you forget what you are doing at the moment. I don't get how your brain works."

"Meh." I clicked my tongue, before chuckling lightly. "Me neither. Though looking at your excitement now, I'm guessing that it has something to do with your hobby's...you wanted to take some photos with me, no?"

"Right!" Sakura seemed so excited that she completely forgot about the fact that we were in the classroom and not my room, thus talking louder than she would normally. "You promised me we'll take some together after we received our points.

"I did." I couldn't help but form a smile at the sight of seeing the usually timid Sakura be so open with me. Although that hasn't translated to other social situations yet, it was still an improvement nonetheless. "Let's do it later, alright?"

"Yes!"

At the first day of my school life, I hadn't expected it to turn out like this. I expected to spend the rest of my school life without friends, as a cynical loner. However, looking back at it now, I can honestly say that I don't regret it. In fact, I'm thankful to my aunt for dragging me to this school.

Sadly, I couldn't enjoy the memories for much longer, as a jingle interrupted my train of thought.

After a jingle, a voice came over the loudspeaker.

"Ayanokoji and Hirano from class D. Chiyabashira-sensei is calling for you. Please come to the staff room."

I and Ayanokoji locked eyes for a split moment, sharing a surprised expression. At least I thought he was surprised. His face didn't change all too much.