Chapter 3: Let's play again

After school was done, I asked Ayanokoji if he wanted to accompany me on my way back for a while. He was the first friend I made, after all, so I assumed that we should do something friends do.

Although I expected our small walk to be quiet, he could be surprisingly talkative under the right circumstances. 

However, he stopped after a while as if he suddenly remembered something. I followed the direction of his gaze, spotting a convenience store, which was surrounded by a decent amount of students.

Turning my head to him, I asked him a question.

"Are you going to the convenience store?"

"Yeah, there are still some things I have to buy."

"I see." 

I turned my head around, looking at the convenience store in the near distance again, where I could spot a familiar silhouette. Although I hadn't known her for long, I was pretty sure that it was Horikita. Their silhouettes just matched perfectly.

"I don't think there's something I need right now, so I'll go ahead, alright?"

Truthfully, there were actually some things I needed to get, but I just felt too lazy to buy them now. It could be done on another day after all.

"Sure, we wouldn't be going to the same dorm anyway."

He looked at me with a side eye, before focusing on the convenience store again. I expected him to just leave immediately, but he surprisingly didn't.

"So, what do you need?"

I raised a brow.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"It is your first day at school, so there's no way you wouldn't need anything. It seems more like you just don't want to do it now." He made a calm observation, before closing his eyes, and releasing a soft sigh. "Just tell me what you need. I'm going anyways, so I might as well get some things for you too."

I formed a faint smile. "Feeling kind, ain't cha? You gotta drop that lifeless tone, though. It makes you being kind feel weird."

Instead of answering, Ayanokoji just stared at me in silence, waiting for my answer. I slightly tilted my head, while caressing my lips with my finger.

"Uhm...some shampoo and just the basic nessecities, I guess? Just the things a normal human would need. Maybe something to eat too."

He raised a brow while looking at me with a slightly confused look on his face.

"I expected you to have brought at least something to eat with you, but you wanted to go home without even buying some food? Why would you willingly starve?"

"I don't know." I shrugged. "I just didn't feel hungry. In the first place, the only reason why I eat food is because I'm expected to do it anyways. If I could freely decide, I would rather do without any of these humans necessities."

"That's quite weird."

"Is it?"

"Yeah." He nodded. "From what I've observed, nobody would ever do without food on their own accord without any reason. It just seems weird for you to willingly do without."

Scratching my cheek, I looked to the side. "...I guess...?"

I had expected him to continue pursuing the topic, but he just sighed instead, deciding to drop it.

"Anyway, where should I put it?"

"Oh, just come over. My room is the room 420. You can just knock and I'll open the door."