Chapter 10: Wrong contents

Part 1

"Can I talk to you for a bit, Kushida? We could have lunch together while talking."

"Oh, Hirano? It's a rarity to get asked out by you, but I don't mind."

"Thank you for your time."

With an unwavering smile, Kushida walked us to the most popular cafe in the school. It was lunch, and thus very crowded here. Although I had heard about the quality of this cafe before, I didn't want to spend too many points on something like this.

I glanced at my phone, reading out the number of my points.

100.098 points

Well, it's not like I would run out of them anytime soon, so I could at least try something at this cafe. Though I would like to keep my points at least until the exams. Who knows? I might have to use them soon.

So for now, I'll just leech off my favorite NPC, Averagekoji. Admittedly, that name doesn't fit him, but I liked the sound of it. The irony behind it just made it funnier for me.

Thus, Ayanokoji reluctantly paid for the three of us. I promised to pay him back sometime and I certainly will, but for the time being, I want to hoard as many points as possible.

"It's expensive having a girlfriend, eh Ayanokoji?"

"Do you mean Hirano? She's not my girlfriend."

"You're still not together? You sure are taking your time, Hirano. You gotta hurry or someone will steal him away from you."

Hearing Kushida's comment, I merely rolled my eyes at her comment, choosing to just ignore it. At this point, it is just too annoying to refuse them every time, so I'll just let them go in in one ear and out in the other.

"Yeah yeah, I'll defend him with my life or whatever. Anyway, there's something I want to talk about with you."

"Is it about the study group?"

"Eh? How did you know?"

Seeing my surprised reaction, Kushida tilted her head slightly, responding with a faint smile. A faint blush stretched across her face, making me realize once again why she is so popular with all the boys. She is really pretty.

"You're actually really easy to read, Hirano. You tend to act like you don't care about other's opinions but you're actually really nice and also want to fit in."

I raised a brow. "..I do?"

"I might be wrong though, so don't think about it too hard. Let's just call it...a woman's intuition, okay?"

"Wouldn't that mean that I also have something like that?"

"Well," she said while averting her gaze. "...you seem to have gained some weight, Hirano. W-which is a good thing because you were really thin at the beginning of this semester..."

"Nice try changing the topic, but I'll let it slide for now. More importantly, you know why I called you here, right?"

She nodded, before taking out her phone.

"I'm guessing to call Sudou and his group? Sure, but why didn't you call them yourself?"

"I think you're higher on the social hierarchy and everybody likes you. I just think that you calling them has a higher percent chance to succeed."