Chapter 8.

"I- I'm sorry

"I- I'm sorry. I shouldn't have called myself your boyfriend. I just wanted him to leave so I said the first thing that came to my mind." He explained himself sheepishly.

"Are you saying the first thing that came to your mind was being my boyfriend?" I knew he would blush like crazy but I couldn't help it. Teasing him is too much fun.

"Girl, give him a break. If he gets any redder now, he could pass for being a tomato." Ava pointed at him and giggled. Giggled!! Then she went back to flirting with the bartender.

She was drunk. She's always been a party girl but she rarely gets drunk. She knows how to hold her liquor. She's the first one to arrive at parties and the last one to leave.

But today she was flirting mindlessly with any stranger she could find and grinding herself on drunk men on the dance floor. I had to drag her away twice, apologising to the men. She would die from embarrassment when I tell her what she was doing in her drunken state.

Something was up with her, I could tell. But that conversation had to wait till she was sober.

"More shots!!" She called out to the waiter. This has to stop.

"I think you should drop her home before she does something she'll regret in the morning." I said to Kevin. She drove here in her car but I couldn't let her drive back.

"Let me drop you as well. I can't leave you here knowing that scumbag is also here." I appreciated his concern but I wasn't ready to leave yet.

"But I want to stay a little longer. I rarely come out to drink so I want to enjoy for once." He didn't look happy about leaving me behind.

"I can handle myself. I'll be okay, I promise. Just drop her home and come back to me." I smiled to reassure him.

"Oh finally!! It's been ages since I ordered those shots." Ava was about to drink said shots when someone snatched them from her.

"GIVE IT BACK TO ME! ORDER YOUR OWN DRINKS ASSHOLE!" She yelled and reached an arm to snatch it back but stopped when she saw who it was.

Matt Kingsley. He is a history professor in our college. I don't take history but I know him because Ava keeps talking about how much of a prick he is. But the real question is - what is he doing here?

"That's enough Ava. You are already drunk. I think it's about time you stop."
He said in a cold voice. Someone's in for trouble I see.

"This is not your classroom, Mr. Kingsley. You can't tell me what to do. I will do what I want. What are you going to do about it? Punish me? I think not." Ava scoffed at him bitterly and his gaze darkened.

This punishment can't be that punishment, right? I'd think that if I didn't know how much Ava hated him.

"Uhm... Professor, she's really drunk. Please don't mind her. I was actually about to take her home." Kevin got up from his seat and fished in his pockets for the keys.

"It's okay. You can stay with your girlfriend. I'll send her home safely. I was on my way out anyway." He grabbed Ava's hand and started walking towards the door.

I would've said something to stop him but the tension between them was thick enough to cut with a knife. I could tell there was something going on. So I didn't protest.

Who knows what Ava's been doing behind my back. She has a lot to answer for when she's sober.

"Ariel, tell this man I'm not going anywhere with him before he apologises." Ava flailed her arms around to get out of his grip. Is this girl trying to get her ass whooped?

Professor Kingsley let go of her and frowned. He stayed silent for a few seconds then said through gritted teeth, "I'm sorry. Can we leave now? I think you've given them a good enough show." Ohh... Don't mind me. I didn't see a thing I swear.

Her lips lifted in a happy smile and she agreed to go with him, looping her arm in his. Professor Kingsley looked far from happy.

"Well... That was something." I looked at Kevin and we both laughed. I suddenly felt a pair of eyes boring into my head and turned in that direction to see Steven glaring at me and Kevin. If he wants to see, I'll give him a show.

I downed a couple of shots that Ava ordered, for some liquid courage. Kevin furrowed his eyes in confusion. I grabbed his hand and laced my fingers with his. "Care for a dance?"

"Yeah... sure. Just know that I'm not good at it." He shrugged. I pulled him to the dance floor and placed his hands on my waist. I placed mine around his neck. Our faces were mere inches apart. I could feel his hot breath on my face.

"You don't have to be. Just look into my eyes and let me guide you." I said and started moving with the music.

He suddenly turned me around in his arms, my back pressed against his front.

He brought his lips close to my ears and whispered, "Are you trying to make him jealous, Ariel?" His low voice rumbled in my belly. His lips leaving wet kisses on my neck. I could feel his hardness pressed against my back.

I started grinding my hips on his front to feel some friction but he held my waist with both hands, halting my movement. "Answer me."

"Erm...I just wanted to show him that he can't ruin my night. B-But making him jealous is the last thing on my mind right now." I was having trouble forming sentences. I was getting tipsy.

"What's on your mind now, Ariel?" His hands snaked around on my body, sending jolts of electricity through me. Wherever his fingers roamed, they left a burning sensation behind.

"You...... You." I managed to get out, breathing heavily. I needed to feel his touch. I needed him to fuck me senseless. I couldn't wait anymore. I needed to get out of there.

I turned around to tell him to find someplace quiet but lost my balance. My head was spinning. He caught me by my arms and helped me stand up straight, a worried expression on his face.

"I think you are drunk. Let me take you back." I nodded. My head was hurting. I clearly can't hold my liquor.

A short ride later, he pulled in my driveway. He got out first and when I was getting out, I tripped. Heels and alcohol is not a good combination.

He noticed me struggling and lifted me up in his arms, bridal style. I threw my arms around his neck and nestled against his chest. His body was warm and comfortable. I could feel sleep overcoming my senses.

He took me to my room and tucked me in the sheets. He was about to leave when I stopped him. "Stay." I mumbled tiredly.

"Uhm... I don't think I should-"

"I promise I won't do anything naughty. I won't even tease you. Just stay." I whispered drowsily.

"Okay." He got into the sheets with me and hugged me close to his chest. It was the last thing I felt before falling into a deep sleep.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

What's Ava been up to? Lol

Matt Kingsley is a purely fictional character by the way. No friend of mine is involved with a professor in any way. I love forbidden romance trope in books and I wish to write it someday. That's the only reason I created his character.

I want y'all to stay safe, that's why I'm advising you to not even consider any kind of unprofessional relationship with your teachers/professors (no matter how hot you think they are). Forbidden romance is forbidden for a reason.