Chapter 27: Return to Kappa Village and Hammer Upgrade

-20 minutes later after the previous chapter-

"Whew, back to the village of the kappas. Well then, let's see if this Nitori Kawashiro is in her home..." mused James hiding in the treetops as Model ZPX. "Ah! There she is. Better be discreet." said James upon seeing Nitori enter her house. "Alright, here we go." James then swiftly used a camouflage technique and jumped through several trees and soon found himself a few feet away from the east side of Nitori's home. "Let's go inside." whispered Model P as James nodded and noticed the door was opened. "Hmmm...she left it open? I'm not sensing traps though, maybe she left it open by accident?" wondered James to himself.

Opening Theme: WILD FANG -short ver.- by Janne Da Arc.

"Okay, we're in. Close the door and the blinds." instructed Model P as James entered the house and did as what the Biometal instructed him. "Hello? Is there anyone there?" asked James calling for Nitori. "Yeah? And who the heck are-" Nitori was silenced by James covering her mouth while shushing her. "Shhh...i didn't mean to intrude. But this hammer...it's yours isn't it?" asked James while holding the G-Breaker. "Yeah...so it was you who took it?" whispered Nitori once James took his hand off her mouth. "Yes. Are you gonna snitch?" asked James a bit warily. "Nah. I'll only snitch if i don't get enough data from the hammer. Show me the accumulated data first." replied Nitori heading to her work room.

-a few minutes later-

"Well, i guess i won't be snitching. You got a lot of battle data from using that hammer." commented Nitori stunned at the huge amount of battle data from the G-Breaker. "There were a lot of rocks and enemies to be pounded by the G-Breaker. So i used it." said James in a casual tone. "So...any reasons why you came to see me?" asked Nitori seriously. "Well...when i snuck in your house, i saw some information regarding place where headaches have been reported. I'm actually dealing with it." explained James with clear determination. "So i guess the rumours were wrong. I kinda feel a bit guilty. So these sources of headaches...you've been dealing with them?" said Nitori sheepishly. "Yeah. Model W is the reason for those headaches. I've been gathering them for the sole purpose of destroying them. as of now, i've collected 8. Now all that's left are the fragments located in the Garden of the Sun and an area west of Yakumo Manor." James said while looking quite determined.

"Look's like you've got your work cut out for you. Speaking of which, you might wanna stay here for the time being." commented Nitori a bit relieved. "Why so?" asked James confused. "Because i'm gonna upgrade the hammer or G-Breaker as you called it. And if you're going to pay for it, nah. It's for free. It's gonna take a while." Nitori replied while beginning to work on the G-Breaker. "How long?" asked James curiously. "It'll take an hour or so. In the meantime, go ahead and read some magazines or sleep. I'll letcha know when it's done." replied Nitori as she began to work while putting a few signs on the windows and her door that said: 'Do not Disturb. Work in Progress.' "Guess i'm going to be here a while then..." commented James with a shrug and sat on a chair and read a magazine about smartphones.

-50 minutes later-

"Ten more minutes and i am done upgrading this hammer. James you asleep?" asked Nitori as James was reading another magazine which was all about places to travel. "Nope. I kept myself awake by reading your stuff. I did doze a bit though." James replied while flipping a page. "So which magazine you like?" asked Nitori while slowly finishing the G-Breaker's upgrade. "The travel magazine and the smartphone magazine. They were up to date." replied James with a smile while looking at a page that said: 'Montserrat.' "Uhhhh..." James hurriedly flipped a page. "Flashbacks huh?" snarked Model F snickering at James' mishap at Soufrière Hills in the past. "Again, like i've said before, i'll never go there again. The people will lynch me at first sight! Even they're still mad at me for what i did!" groaned James reading the last pages on the travel magazine. "Well at least you learned your lesson from it." added Model O as James just sighed.

-9 minutes later-

"Alright the upgrade's done! And like i said, the upgrade is for free." yelled a gleeful Nitori giving James the upgraded G-Breaker. "What were the upgrades did you gave? James asked noticing several changes. "First, i added energy thrusters on the sides of the hammer to increase swinging speed and impact. Second, i added rectractable spikes as you can see here *presses a button on the handle* and the handle now can extend a bit just in case you need a bigger swinging range. And lastly, i added a shield function to make it act like a makeshift shield just in case you need increased defense." Nitori explained with pride. "Uhhhhh...Wow. That's...i can't even say anything. Th-thanks." stammered James in shock. "No problemo. I only did what i could to upgrade the G-Breaker. And don't worry, your secret's safe with me. I ain't gonna snitch." said Nitori with a nonchalant wave of her hand.

"Alright, i gotta go. I can't be dillydallying here, i'm off to get the ninth fragment." said James holding the G-Breaker and heading out to the door. "You better be careful. Yuuka's a tough, tough, woman. You're going give it your all if you're going to fight her." advised Nitori as James was outside. "Will do!" yelled James entering camouflage again as he dashed into the treetops.

Nitori sighed as she closed her door. "You know what? I better head for Moriya Shrine to pray." said the kappa as she left for Moriya Shrine to pray for James' luck and survival. "James...good luck. I'll be praying for you." said Nitori to herself knowing that everyone will have to know the truth that James was trying to save them all.

" said Nitori to herself knowing that everyone will have to know the truth that James was trying to save them all

Author's notes: Alright, this chapter's done. James got to meet Nitori and get the G-Breaker upgraded. Now James heads for the Garden of the Sun to face Yuuka and enter the area to get the 9th Model W Fragment, but before that...he will have to face a certain Nine tailed Kitsune and Neko first! until then, please comment on this chapter and as always, take care of yourselves, stay indoors and see you all later.

Disclaimer: Rockman, Megaman and Megaman ZX are properties of Capcom and Inti-Creates and is licensed by Nintendo, please support the official release and enjoy Zero/ZX Legacy Collection on the Switch and PS4 and PC! Touhou is propety of Jun'ya Oota a.k.a. ZUN.

*G-Breaker has been upgraded!

Save Data?...Data Saved!