Chapter 15 Mini Mission 1: A fight that ends in tears...

"To think...i'll have to fight them...even so...i have to win...Miss Keine...Miss Mokou...please forgive me." thought James bitterly as he threw a barrage of kunai at Keine and Mokou who countered with their own blasts.

"Damn you! repent for your crimes! and i'll at least let you leave peacefully!" snarled Mokou launching three fireballs at James who simply threw three shurikens which resulted in a mutual destruction, "hmph. me atone? don't make me laugh! once i'm done with both of you, i'll tear apart more places next!" James sneered while putting up his facade which made him a bit uncomfortable.

"Why you-! i'll kill you to rid Gensokyo of your crimes!!!" screamed Keine launching a few energy bullets towards James who used the ZX Saber (shaped into a katana) to dissipate them, "tch. how pathetic." James clicked his teeth with an unamused look on face,

WARNING!! WARNING!!!

"Let's see if you can dodge this!" shouted James launching a multitude of shurikens and kunais towards Mokou, clicking her teeth Mokou launched a few fireballs before conjuring magic circle in front of her.

Cursed Talisman: "Indiscriminate Ignition Cards"

James quickly began dodging the flaming cards only for some to hit him directly "argh! you've got some nerve!" screamed James who then launched a Zaneidan followed by Hienji and Hadangeki, "let's see you endure this," taunted the Biomatch as the attack hit them head on.

"Damn...! he's tough! Keine can you move!?" groaned Mokou in pain while Keine got up still reeling from the attack "the rumors were true. he really was that strong-! if we lose here...Mokou!" growled Keine looking towards her friend, "gotcha. i'll distract him while you use a spell card, am i right? don't worry about it." Mokou smirked as another magic circle appeared in front of her once more.

Everlasting: "Phoenix's Tail"

James' eyes widened at the massive amount of fireballs and energy bullets, "i can't dodge most of them. but...i can block them!" grunted James filled with resolve, and assumed a defensive stance with the ZX Saber (EX Skill: Gokumonken), the moment he assumed the stance, the majority of the attacks hit him while the rest blew the ground around James.

"Keine! now!" yelled Mokou as Keine nodded in confirmation and a magic circle appeared in front of her.

Reincarnation: "Ichijou Returning Bridge"

A barrage of pink and blue energy bullets slowly made their way towards James, "this one's easier, heh. here goes nothing!" he then raised the ZX Saber high above his head and began to channel the energy of the earth turning it brown and increasing it's length, Jame then gritted his teeth "this attack of mine...i won't miss! come and get it!" with an inarticulate war cry, he brought the sword down and a burst of reddish brown came free hurtling toward the barrage at great speeds (EX Skill: Rekkyoudan) annihilating some of the barrage and deflecting the rest towards Mokou and Keine injuring them further.

"What!?" Mokou could say a word as James then dashed towards then and slashed her 6 times with the ZX Saber, "why you-!?" Mokou froze seeing James' eyes, 'it can't be...no...it's impossible...James!?' Mokou thought with growing horror over the realization that James and armored man in the rumors were one and the same.

Taking advantage of Mokou's brief distracted state, James quickly slammed his right fist into her stomach and sent her flying with a powerful front kick "you're all talk and no bite, it's time to finish this!" snarled James who quickly did a few hand symbols, "Secret Art! Shadow Clones!" he shouted as multiple copies appeared and he along with the copies all jumped high into the air, "prepare to die! Secret Art: Sen-ri no shisha no Shuriken Arashi!!! (Japanese translation to English: Shuriken Storm of a Thousand Deaths)" James and the copies launched an massive number of kunais and shurikens, "Dark Hold!" James shouted as time stopped allowing him and the copies to launch even more kunais and shurikens to the point they became uncountable, "now...time resumes! DIE!!!" screamed James as the kunais and the shurikens rapidly approached a horrified Keine, "NO! Keine look out!!!" screamed Mokou running towards Keine and shielded the latter with her back.

*SHINK! SHINK! SHINK! SHINK!! and other sickening stabbing sounds*

"MOKOU!!!!" Keine could only cry in horror as many of the kunais and shurikens impaled Mokou to the point that one of the shurikens was sticking out of her stomach along with three kunais that were sticking out of her chest, "Keine...are you *cough!* alright?" asked Mokou weakened from the rapid loss of blood.

James could look on in horror, "i didn't mean to...i didn't mean...to...go this far!" he screamed in anguish, "James you have to get out of here! if we stay here any longer...who knows what Keine might do!" yelled Model O, holding back his tears, all James could do was dash away from the horrid sight.

"Mokou! stay with me please! please hang on! please don't die!" sobbed a blood soaked Keine while holding a clearly bloodied Mokou, "i'm glad you're safe Keine...you know...you might be the first friend i ever made...*cough*" coughed Mokou clearly in physical and emotional agony, the pain of being impaled by a ton of kunai and shuriken and the horrible realization that James was the armored man who also wounded her with said kunais and shurikens was too much to bear for an immortal like Mokou, "why...why...?" asked Mokou in clear anguish as tears slowly filled her eyes, "Mokou? what's wrong!? tell me what's wrong!" cried Keine unable to understand the reason behind Mokou's tears, 'James...why?...why are you doing this?' thought Mokou as she began to cry unable to comprehend or realize the truth of James' actions.

James' could only cry remembering the horrified look on Mokou's face, 'i'm sorry...i'm sorry Mokou! please forgive me!' he thought as dashed away with tears in his eyes.

The forest was silent execpt for the sounds of crying and sobbing as a tearful James dashed away.

Ending Theme: Devilman no Uta (2018 Version)

Author's note: ouch, this is by far the most upsetting chapter i had ever made. please comment on this chapter. and as always take care and rememeber to stay safe and stay indoors and see you all later.

Disclaimer: Rockman, Megaman and Megaman ZX are properties of Capcom and Inti-Creates and is licensed by Nintendo, please support the official release and enjoy Zero/ZX Legacy Collection on the Switch and PS4 and PC! Touhou is propety of Jun'ya Oota a.k.a. ZUN.

Save Data?...Data Saved!