Chapter 4

I won't leave you on a cliffhanger,
Because I know you will fall.
And punch me in anger,
As I take it all.

My words are my tears,
Slick and fast.
Time passes in years,
The past is the past.

---

"Shoot."Sjin cursed as he looked at Duncan, who was in plain sight of everyone.

The old Duncan's lip quivered."Y-you're me..."

"No."The new Duncan said."You are me."Of course, they were outside the glass so thy couldn't do anything more than stare.

"Fudge balls. What is this?"Asked Lewis.

Sjin sighed and stood up too, making the other Sjin jump. He facepalmed."This is going to get a hell lot more confusing."

"Yep."Duncan bit his lip."I think we may have created a paradox."

---

The two did what seemed most natural to them: run. Sjin and Duncan sprinted out towards the radioactive rock."Duncan. I've told you about the butterfly effect, and this is literally what you've just done. Now your former self has seen you, you've changed history. A.I, send us to when Duncan showed himself."Sjin retorted irritably, and Duncan flinched.

They once again felt their bodies travel through time, and they saw themselves. Duncan was about to stand up, but the new Sjin and Duncan stopped him. Yeah, stopped him. THIS IS MESSING WITH MY BRAIN.

"A.I, send us back. Like, now."Sjin whispered.

They heard a robotic sigh and then they travelled back to time base 2015.

---

"Duncan, please can we try not to mess up time again."Sjin asked as Duncan nodded slightly.

"I think we won't have enough power for a bit anyways."

Yoglabs erased the memories of the Nuked lands from the minds of Sjin and the others who were put in the new world, they only remember what thy did on the previous world. They looked at the neon green lights and sighed, they were glad they were back."Duncan."Sjin asked.

"Yeah?"

"I felt like you knew that place. Y'know. The radioactive rock. You had that look in your eye."

"No."Duncan replied."I don't remember it at all."He suspiciously shuffled his feet. Luckily for Duncan, Sjin remained denser than dense diamond ore.

"Okay I believe you. Just... don't do it again."

Duncan sighed in relief and nodded to the former farmer.

"Hey, Dunc, remember when you did that whole thing with the blood alter, and the squib and stuff..."Sjin questioned, his curiosity deepening.

Duncan blinked."We did that?" Oh... yeah... That was er... fun! Um..."

"You're not Duncan, are you?"

"Wh-what do you mean? I'm Duncan, just look at me!"He flailed.

"Who are you?"Sjin persisted.

Duncan sighed and looked at Sjin square in the eyes."I'm sorry, Sjin. I'm Lewis. I absorbed Duncan's soul and now I have the power to change into him at will."

Lewis' skin turned black and white, an the sound of breaking bones made Sjin cringe. Lewis groaned as he stood and flinched."It... Hurts like hell, though."

"Hat did you do with Duncan, Lewis?"Sjin questioned with caution in his tone.

"There can usually only be one Duncan in a world."Lewis closed his eyes."In the last world there were two."

"And...?"

Lewis opened his eyes."You've been working with a psychopath. Your Duncan had gone to do what he wanted: kill the Flux Buddies one."

"I'm sorry-what?!"

Lewis sighed."Practically one Duncan will kill the other, and either you or Kim will be partner less."

"I feel I have meddled in the type of science I don't want to."

"Duncan has too many clones. They are all too clever for their own good. So we killed them."Lewis explained blankly.

"How is you know the rocky place? And all this about Yoglabs?"

"Did you forget? I'm the head. CEO of Yoglabs. I remember everything. The number of worlds, the people in each of them..."Lewis' eyes turned electric blue."So if both Duncan die, he truly won't be able to 'Respawn'."

"Why would you do that?! Duncan isn't a bad person!"

"I would never have imagined those words coming out of your mouth, Sjin."

"The war is long over, Lewis. We have buried our small feuds long ago." Sjin's soft blue eyes gazed upon Lewis' chiseled form.

Lewis looked coldly upon him, and something onside Sjin told him to run. Before he knew it, Lewis had 10 inches of steel embedded into his stomach.

"You..."

"You're not worth my time, friend."Lewis spat as he withdrew his knife, and licked it.

Sjin fell to the floor."Why, Lewis?"

Xephos looked down upon the dying farmer and said."Those who ask too many questions have to die."

Lewis flicked Sjin's blood into the floor and sheathed his hunting knives."What a shame."