8.5

Flying by the moonlight, together there's no fear...

***

A table, rounded with ovality at every edge, smooth and frictionless. Soft whites surrounded it, clouds somewhat floating. The perimeter of the table was lined with chairs. On those chairs, there were people. Many men, sexism was accepted in this community. Women tended to be at the side of the man. Old, young, hooded and garish, all were here. Silence filled the cold air. The meeting began with a simple smirk.

A man, sitting to one side of the table cleared his throat, to gather attention. Black streamed from his shoulders, lined with gold. He emitted a regal look, though his true position couldn't be more wrong. He was a simple underdog, you could say. His gaze was dominant and chestnut locks curved around his face. As his presence was known to all in the room, he spoke. A voice clear, and terrifyingly patronising.

"Sir,"He glanced towards the man on the platform, who gave a simple nod."I would greatly appreciate if we discussed the pressing matter of Xephos."

"Xephos? What has he done now? Man..." An elderly man asked, his moustache long and tangled with green vines.

"Heh, probably something stupid."A hooded figure imposed, a crooked smile peeking out from underneath the clothing.

"Don't be rude."Said the man who brought up the topic."As I touched on earlier, Xephos has made the decision to rewind time. Now, he has brought back everyone that was alive then, and  wiped their memories.  Only he, Duncan and Sjin know is his doing. It makes his feel like he has the power to give people a second chance."The chestnut haired man sat, and breathed out in subtle relief.

"How dare he...!"An old wizard started, but the platformed man cut him off.

"For now, we wait. The world is in no peril, and some people deserve a second chance. There will be a time, however... When we have to kill them."