5.5

I am a chrysalis; one day I'll be a beautiful butterfly.

---
|Rewind|
I saw her looking at herself in the mirror, grumbling to herself. I knew I shouldn't be there, but if I was found, I might as well be dead.

She was trying on new clothing she had made from flower dyes and fabric.

I thought she looked beautiful, but she ignored me. I stared as she sighed irritably and put her usual oriental style clothes on.

"DUNCAN!!"She called, and I stumbled upwards.

"Uh-Yeah, Kim?"I struggled to pretend I was doing something.

"What colour do you think suits me?"She asked, as I stood next to her."Maybe blue, or red..."

"I think purple."I pointed out.

She looked at me as if I were stupid."That would clash with the Flux, jeez, Duncan."She muttered as she looked at herself again in the mirror.

I chuckled at her remark and answered,"I think you'd look good in anything of any colour, Kim."

"Really?"She asked sarcastically."Even if I wore a leaf that would good?"

"I wouldn't mind that..."I mumbled.

"What was that, Dunc?"she raised an eyebrow.

"OH. NOTHING. JUST CHECKING THAT MY PERVERSE MIND IS-I mean, uh, I need to make a uh, Thermionic Fabricator. Yeah. That."I laughed nervously.

Kim blushed."How thick do you think I am?!"

"Um, maybe this thick?"I gestured with my hands.

She gave me a '-_-' look and sighed at my stupidity.

She slapped my hands."Ouch! Your slaps really hurt Kim..."

"Good. Because you deserve it."

She sighed and patted my shoulder lightly."You are forgiven."

"Woah, that was quick!"

"Yes,"She replied in a holy voice."As unlike the hand, the middle finger believes that justice does not demand retribution!"

"All hail the middle finger!!"I chanted.

"Yeah! All hail-"That was all Kim got to before I hugged her.

"GET OFF ME, PERV."

"You're beautiful."

"No I'm not..."

"So modest."

She smiled."As I say:Modesty is the bet policy!"

"Shh! You can't tell people that! They'll at become introverts like you!"

"Is there anything wrong with that?"She asked stubbornly.

I sigh."What an Extrovert..."