prologue

Y/N y/l/n stood in the doorway of the orphanage, staring at the medow.She was wondering again, about her parents. She had always wondered about her parents , who they were, if they could heal wounds like she could, if they were even alive. She knew that she was a healer, her friends, Alina Starkov and Malyen Oretsev, were the only people who knew of this too. They were the only ones she trusted. Her only friends for that matter.

Ana Kuya's shrill voice brought her out of her thoughts " Y/n, it's time for dinner, where are you girl !!" Y/n knew better than to be late for dinner. Ana Kuya was a constant campaigner against children with no manners. Fearing her wrath, Y/n decided to go inside. Ana Kuya said the duke had brought in a new boy, named Jordan or something, Y/n didn't quite rember. She'd caught a glimpse of the new boy. He was frail with pale skin and black hair. She wondered if he had secrets too. Secrets like her

Y/n rushed to her spot at the dinner table. She plopped herself beside Alina, who was busy with her poridge and sausage. " After dinner, Y/n, you will talk to the new boy. He's in your room. He'll be sharing it with you, Malyen and Alina ." Ana Kuya said, her boney shoulders pointing both ways. Y/n gulped her porridge slowly. She didn't like meeting new people, Ana Kuya knew this, maybe she was pushing her outside her comfort zone ? The Suli girl, Anya, was much more sociable than she ever was. Why can't she just do it !!

After her dinner a very upset Y/n made her way up the stairs of the orphanage. She reluctantly pushed open the door. She saw a the boy siting on her bed, he looked alarmed. Upon observing, Y/n relaised he was much older than her. He looked about 13.He had black hair and beautiful coffee brown eyes. Y/n could get lost in them.

" Hello... whats your name?" Y/n asked in Ravkan. The boy tilted his head, trying to speak back to her, only to rasp-- " I'm Jordan" "Well, hello Jordan, I'm Y/n y/l/n, your roomate and friend, I suppose" she mumbled the last bit " Are you my friend?" Jordan rasped again. Y/n nodded trying to suppress her unease at his voice.

" Do you have any family" Y/n asked, curiosity brimming in her. Jordans face fell. He hugged his knees closer to his chest as he stared into an invisible void. Y/n knew that expression, guilt, remorse, sorrow; all three merged into one. " Don't want to talk about it, huh" she questioned.

" I have a brother... had a brother. " He blurted "His name is Kaz. He loves hot choclate and cupcakes with alot of frosting. " Jordan said, eyes glinting with happiness"He died because of me. I had a dream, he was standing on a harbour staring at me with teary eyes. I regret it. I regret everything." He added, tearing up at the last bit.

" Hey, it's ok. Im sorry for pushing you to say this. " Y/n said, lowering her head. " NO! Don't you dare blame yourself! It's not your fault. I really needed to talk to someone" He said, a sad smile plastered on his face. Y/n smiled sadly back at him.

" What about you, what about your family?" Jordan asked. " Well, I don't know. Ana Kuya said she found me on the doorstep as a baby, with a note saying to take care of me , cliché I know , but Im not special or anything. " Y/n replied grinning. " How old are you Jordan?" She continued. " Well, Im 13, you" he asked " Im 8" " Wow, your more like my brother than I thought"

" Thank you Jordan"
" Please call me Jordie." He insisted. Y/n agreed.

TIME SKIP OF ONE YEAR

Y/n and Jordie were anxious. Today was the day they got tested. To see if they were Grisha or Otkazat'sya. Y/n knew she was a Healer. Jordie on the other hand, had exhibited the signs of Durast. Y/n remembered Jordie trying to bend their bedroom window while they were trying to escape the eyes of Ana Kuya and sneek off to Butter week. The windows' metal danced in between Jordie's palms. Jordie never admitted he was a Grisha. But they knew he was.

The truth could never be hidden from Y/n. She always had this sixth sense to detect lies. She could tell by a persons body language even from their eyes. She saw the lies in Alina's eyes. The way her eyes would move with uncertainty when she mentioned the testing. Was Alina Grisha by chance ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Children!! The testers are here!!" Ana Kuya shrieked. Y/n and Anya made their way downstairs. Y/n's e/c eyes roamed around the room for Jordie. He wasn't here. Her heart dropped. " Looking for Jordan ?" Anya inquired. Y/n nodded. " I saw him earlier. He was with Alina and Mal." Oh no. Y/n knew he was trying to do. She sighed.

She could prove he was Grisha. She smirked at the idea dancing around in her devious mind.She stood last in line. All the children were called in the room alone. All her peers were Otkazat'sya. Execpt Anya. She was an Inferni.

Y/n entered the room. She saw Jordie standing in the corner. " He can't be tested. Not when he's like this." The Inferni pointed at his wound. " I can help with that" Y/n spoke up. The Grisha women raised their brows in amusement. Y/n walked up to Jordie as she placed her hands together. She slowly graced her fingers over his wound." She's a Healer" The Heart Render gasped as the wound reduced to a scar. The Fabrikator walked over to Jordie. She pricked Jordie's pale skin. " He's a Durast. " Y/n saw the metal article held by the Heart Render melting into metal. She knew what was coming next.

TIME SKIP (a few hours later )

Y/n and Jordie weren't even given a proper chance to say goodbye to their friends, as the Grisha women dragged them away. Y/n saw the tearful Shu eyes of Alina and the sniffing Mal. Both were wounded.They probably did that themselves. Ana Kuya was balling her eyes out as she waved at their carriage with her wet handkerchief.

" Why did you expose me like that Y/n/n !" Jordie huffed. " I did the right thing Jordie!! Think of all the things we have as a bonus as Grisha!! We get to train at little palace, we have powers and we can do almost anything... We can eat all we want!! Imagine the silk sheets and soft beds!! All the cheeses and breads we dreamt of ! Ofcourse I'll miss the orphanage too, but it's much better than being an unrecognised rare... Beautiful thingy??" Y/n said, thinking if she did the right thing. "Great!! Another bonus is, oh I know, WE GET HUNTED FOR LIFE BY BARBARIANS !! I miss the Orphanage!" Jordie practically screamed, causing the Grisha women to check if they weren't trying to strangle weren't trying to strangle eachother.

Jordie shook his head." HOW ARE YOU ONLY 9 AND PRACTICALLY THINKING OF THE FUTURE!!" "HOW ARE YOU 14 AND STILL SO DUMB !!" Y/n shot back. Jordie whinned as he put his head in his hands. Y/n sighed as she saw the silhouette of Little palace in the distance

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello my fellow readers I am the author ( a/n= authors name) for ur fair concern this fanfiction follows the netfilx show with refrences from the books, eg; Ana kuya's shoulders. Anya is an original charector. and also I have exams for the next week and a half so, upadte on 14feb maybe. Thanku for picking up my awful fanfiction. Ily guys byeeeeee.

( Also Y/n= your name, y/l/n= your last name. e/c= eye colour{ your eye colour}. f/c= ur fave colour.

A/n out.♏♓

♏♓