Chapter 15 : The Journey begins

The meme above, I just. I HAD TO OKAY !

AND IM PRETTY SURE IM GOING TO HELL.

Y/N P.O.V

Y/n sat on the log, staring at the fire. Zoya's head rested on Y/n's left shoulder and Jesper's on her right.

"It's good having you around Y/n. I missed you, you know." Zoya said, nuzzling into Y/n's shoulder.

Y/n just chuckled.

Zoya slowly held Y/n's dominant hand in her's. That's when Zoya saw the Menagerie tatto.

"This... This is a symbol of a brothel !" She exclaimed.

Y/n gently nodded.

" Y/n, you were... I'm so sorry. You ran away from the palace because of it and-" Y/n interrupted the squaller and said

" I ran right into it. " She laughed.

Jesper held Y/n's free hand, which caught her attention.

" I'm glad you're okay, Y/n/n." He looked up at Y/n who smiled.

A familiar voice made Y/n look up.

" I've never met a saint before." Inej gushed over an awkward Alina.

" I've never been a saint before." Alina smiled shyly.

" Wherever you are, whenever you need me, just remember, my hand is yours, Sankta Alina."

" I like the hand with a dagger in it. But, I can't hold on to yours. So take mine as a replacement." Alina said, taking out a dagger from her pocket.

" It's not much, but, it'll fend off a bully ofr two. Right Y/n/n ?" Alina turned to the healer, who nodded.

Y/n recalled that Jordie had given Alina that dagger. They'd snuck out during butter week and Jordie had stolen some of Ana Kuya's money, just to get it for them.

Y/n had one too. One which Heleen stole from her.

She sighed at the memory.

Jesper got up from beside her, which caught her attention.

He handed Alina a sack of clothes to change into.

Y/n wasn't focusing on what he said. She was staring at Kaz.

Kaz looked back at her, a ghost of a smile lingering on his face.

After a moment of conversation, Alina and Mal got up and went to change.

Jesper bent down to sit back at his spot, but Kaz swiftly sat beside the Healer, ignoring Jesper completely.

Jesper scoffed and sat beside Inej, who was grinning madly.

Kaz took Y/n's hand in his, assuming that nobody noticed.

He slowly leaned in, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

" I like it when you're bold, Briar. I loved the way you went up and stood next to Starkov. Clearly, you were the better looking." He whispered.