Chapter 3 : Bosses and goats

🧤 Kaz P.O.V 🧤

Kaz didn't know what he felt about the girl he just bought from the Menagerie. He felt stupid. 'She's Grisha. What makes you so sure she won't run off the moment we cross the fold.' The annoying voice said in his head.

Jordie.

" Shut up Jordan. " He said, gritting his teeth.

At that moment, he heard a knock at his door. 'No body knocks. It must be the new girl.'

Jordie, again.

" Come in " Kaz said. He looked up to see Y/n standing there, looking like a saint.
" You called, Brekker." She said in her mesmerizing voice

' Stop gaping at her, idiot'

 Kaz mentally slapped  himself.

" Y/l/n, I need you to do something for me." He said turning around to take of his gloves. He took one of the daggers he planned to give Inej as a token to make her stay. With a swift move, he cut his finger. It was bleeding.

" What did you do ! You psychopath !!" Y/n exclaimed as she tried to come closer.

" Heal it for me." He said "Don't  touch me" He demanded.

" I am not Grisha !! "

" Don't lie to my face, Y/n." He took the knife and sliced his skin again. Y/n winced. She slowly approached him.

" May I, Brekker "

" Are you dumb you podge !! I ordered you to. Do. It"

Y/n sighed. She took a piece of cloth from her coat and placed it under his hand and ran her fingers over his skin. It stitched together. A slight scar remaining.

" Stop gaping Brekker." She chuckled

"Shut up Y/l/n." He said, turning to pick up the glove. He peeked at her over his shoulder.

Her cheeks were bright, mouth twisted into a grin, e/c eyes gleaming.If he could have a portrait of her like this. He would stare at it for hours.

' A picture is a good idea. It would last longer than she would with you.'

He shook his head back into reality. He's right. Kaz turned to Y/n. 

" I'm sleeping with Inej, right. " 

" You can sleep here. In my room." The words slipped from his mouth. Oh shh.. Saints !

" Why " she inquired. 

" I don't trust you Y/l/n " He unconcouisly blurted.  Fffuu.. Fudge !

" I don't trust you aswell, darling."  She smirked.

Kaz didn't speak further. He clenched his jaw before blurting, 

" Take the couch, sleep if you want, we leave early morning. Only pack the essentials." 

" Jesper will pack extra clothes for me. I don't have anything to pack. Other than my fragrance essentials I nicked from Heleen."  She wisphered the last bit.