Chapter 7: Nostalgia

The day broke out its morning sunshine that woke Rose and started her daily routine. The 4 Houses headed for breakfast and today's food was bacon, potatoes, peppers, and a nice orange juice. As Rose was eating her breakfast with her cousins, she turned around to look behind her and saw Headmaster Grimm. He sweetly smiled to her "Good day, Miss Weasley! Enjoying your time here?" "Yes! Why?" She smiled. "I just want to say that you have a marvelous name and a gorgeous face, Miss Rose Weasley", Professor Grimm smiled. She responded so kindly, "Thank you, Professor Grimm." "Anytime, Miss Weasley!" Then the Headmaster Grimm walked away. Meanwhile with the Ravenclaws, Deu didn't talk to anyone except for Esau, his cousin who was trying to cheer him up with the paper crane that he made. All of their classmates consoled Deu and Esau until Headmaster Grimm stopped by at the Ravenclaw table and he pitied Deu, "Hello, Mr. Riddle. I'm sorry about your mother, Pansy, who got killed by the explosion from that Quidditch World Cup a few weeks ago." "It's ok. At least my aunt is at peace now, watching my cousin," said Esau. "Your mother was a wonderful person, Mr. Deu Riddle", Mr. Grimm consoled him. Deu spoke in a depressed tone while he nodded "Of course. I just want to see my mother again, Professor." "Indeed!" Then Professor Grimm walked away. Breakfast was over and now it was time for their first Potions class of the year. The Gryffindors and The Slytherins went to the Potions classrooms and were waiting for Professor Lestrade while studying what potions they'll make. The Professor kept on scolding each student when they did not do it properly, more likely Rose. She kept on reading each instruction carefully but couldn't get it right. She finished last of her class with no understanding of why it was difficult. They left and took all of their classes and as the sun had set everyone came to dinner and gobble up scrumptious food. Rose had been sad all day about her potions class since she didn't want to start the year being the last of her class. Albus saw her expression and thought (Maybe I should talk to her) and sat beside her as he asked, "How are you, Cousin?" She looked at him with a sad look and said "Miserable" as she put her face down at the table and played with her food. Albus knew he wasn't the best with advice but continued to ask "why?" Rose told him the whole story and he just smiled "Even though I am younger than you now feel like I am older. " He chuckled as she took a peek of why he was laughing. Albus continued "Not everyone is perfect, Rose. We are all human; we all make mistakes and that is how we learn." She sat in a proper position as she looked into his face and thought he was going down memory lane and remembered what had happened the past year. He snapped back to reality and looked to Rose and said, " Oh I am sorry I didn't mean to make you wait" but Rose shook her head and said "No it's alright, your thought helped me clear my negative thoughts. " She smiled as he smiled back and continued eating together. They all went back to their common rooms and Rose slept peacefully like nothing bad happened and it continued on for the next weeks forward.