Chapter 27

''Okay, I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just found a pregnancy test in the bathroom.'' Jenn declares, walking into Ivana's living room.

At least it's a closed box. Thank God.

All conversation comes to an abrupt halt as we all stare at each other, everyone's eyes wide.

Ivana sighs, because all eyes are on her since it's her apartment we're in. ''Which one of you idiots left a pregnancy test in my damn bathroom?''

Isabella shakes her head because most of us are looking at her now. ''Don't look at me. I'm not popping out nobodies babies without a ring on my finger.''

Jenn throws me an accusing look.

''Absolutely not. I've been dry for months.'' the words come out louder than expected. Maybe because I'm lying my ass off.

All heads turn to the last man standing.

''I'm kind of insulted I was picked last.'' Soyana huffs.

''Because we thought you swore off men?''

I blink. ''Aren't you dating Daisy?''

Soyana shrugs. ''We're not exclusive or anything.''

''I'm so confused right now. Are you pregnant or not?'' Isabella asks.

''I don't know.'' Soyana answers, her voice as stoic as her face.

''How are you so calm right now. What the fuck?'' Ivana gapes at her.

''You might be pregnant?'' Jenn yelps, holding her head in stress.

''You hooked up with a guy?'' Isabella asks, as if that's the craziest part of all this.

I turn to her. ''That's what you're focused on right now?''

''It's the whole reason she got pregnant, isn't it?'' she retorts.

''She's not pregnant. I know she's not.'' Jenn notes. ''She doesn't have that cute Mom glow pregnant women get.''

''Thank you for that,'' Soyana deadpans. ''But I haven't gotten my period in two months.''

Isabella's body visibly freezes. ''Do you think..maybe it's,''

She doesn't even have to finish her sentence, we all get it and so does Soyan, because she starts shaking her head. ''No, definitely not because of...that.'' She shakes her head again, as if she can't get the words out. ''I'm eating well.''

''Soyan, are you su-''

She cuts her off right away, pointing a finger in her direction. ''Don't even fucking start with me. I said I'm good.''

Silence falls again, and Soyana closes her eyes. We've been at Ivana's for about an hour and this is the first time I notice how drained and tired Soyana actually looks. Soyana always likes to put effort into her appearance and doesn't like to leave her house looking anything short of perfect. So the fact that she showed up in worn-out leggings and a hoodie that has a heart-shaped ketchup stain on it should've been a dead-giveaway that something was going on with her. The greasy hair and dark bags under her eyes should have been second.

She doesn't say anything as she gets up, takes the test out of Jenns hands and starts walking towards the bathroom. We exchange knowing looks and all get up to follow her, and get there as she's pulling her legging down her legs.

Her face drops. ''Seriously?''

''Yeah, seriously.'' I counter. ''We can go if you really don't want us to be in here, but I think you shouldn't have to do this alone when we're all here.''