Chapter 34

''You're lying.''

Soyana shakes her head. ''I wish I was, babe. Trust me.''

''What did you tell him?'' Isabella asks, eyes bulging.

''Before or after I kicked him in the nuts?''

Jenn rubs her head. ''I can't believe this is what dating has come to.''

''It's what I get for telling a 21-year-old I'm bisexual.'' Soyan sighs.

I snort. ''It's what you get for dating a 21-year-old.''

''It's what you get for dating men,'' Ivana adds, rolling her eyes.

''Exactly why I'm sticking to women from now on,'' Soyana says. ''Above the age of 25.''

Isabella squints her eyes. ''That's what you said months ago.''

''And this was my first date with a man in over a year,'' Soyana responds. ''Lesson learned. Again."

''What a great lesson.'' Ivana nods. ''Do not tell a man you're bi, or you'll get asked to do a threesome with him and his ex.''

Everyone tries to hold it in, we really do, but one look at each other, and we burst out laughing, and Soyana can't keep it in either.

''Okay, okay,'' she announces. ''I'm trying to forget here, alright?''

''In that case, I think we might need to order another round of drinks.'' Isabella chuckles, signaling the waitress to come over with her hands.

''I think I might skip this round,'' I say, rubbing my stomach that's been bothering me all day. ''I've been so nauseous this week, and the alcohol is definitely not helping.''

Four concerned set of eyes turn to me.

''Are you okay?'' Isabella asks.

''I'm fine.'' I nod, although I've been lightheaded and nauseous all week. ''My stomachs just been bugging me, that's all.''

''You let Joshua cook for you or something?'' Isabella snorts out jokingly.

But the mention of his name has my eyes widening, my head snapping in her direction. ''What?''

Isabella's eyes turn to slits. ''Didn't he take care of you when you were sick last week?''

Right. He did.

Jenn shakes her head. ''I still can't believe you told him you were sick and didn't tell us.''

''Okay, I did not tell him I was sick. He just found out.''

''How?''

I shrug. Honestly, those four days were such a blur. I don't even remember whether I showered or not, let alone details. ''I think he came over when I left him on read for the millionth time in a row.''

Soyana chuckles. ''Yeah, he hates that.''

''He's such a psycho.'' Ivana laughs. ''Always jumping to the worst conclusion.''

We all chuckle, shaking our heads. Although mine sounds a lot more forced than the others.

''Where are they, anyway?'' Soyan asks.

''This bar in Carpinteria.'' Isabella answers. ''Apparently, Markus has been bugging them to go there for weeks.''

''Cappatelli's?'' Ivana asks.

Isabella frowns. ''I think so?''

''He's fucking ridiculous.'' she huffs, chortling softly.

''Hasn't been bugging you to go there for weeks?'' I ask her, remembering him mentioning it to her not too long ago.