Chapter 35

3 months ago

I hate that he can't touch me.

Look at him, just sitting there, being all sexy.

Jackass.

I think I might be going insane.

Why else would I be thinking about Joshua doing inappropriate things to me while we're out with our friends?

My friends have dragged me to the dance floor, but he won't leave Kayden's side in the VIP booth they insisted on getting.

I've always found VIP booths such a waste of money. When you go out to a club, you're not there to sit in a quiet, dark corner and ogle drunk teenagers who got in with a fake ID. You're there to have fun. Dance until your heels make your feet bleed. Get sloppy drunk. Make out with strangers- or your friends. It's the only way it's fun.

Or at least it used to be.

It's not the same anymore. It all used to be so exciting, the dressing up, the pre-gaming at somebody's house, the guys coming up to you, the senseless flirting, the just shutting your mind off for one night and being young and dumb.

Now, as I wait for my drink, I just can't seem to catch the thrill of it all. Everything is bothering me. The smell of alcohol and sweaty men, mixed with their cheap colognes. The noise in here is making my head hurt so bad, my eyes are watering. My feet are bleeding, but it's not from my own heels, but the heels of others girls who have stepped all over me because of how insanely crowded it is- which is why there's no freaking air. I've been looking for a window to crack since we got here.

Alcohol used to blind me to it all.

Jesus, I'm getting old.

Or maybe, I really just want Joshua to get me out of here.

I can't even look at him, that's how good he looks. It makes my head spin. It's the reason I haven't talked to him all night.

I'm pretty sure our friends think we're in some kind of fight.

But I know that if I go close, he will say something so out of pocket, I won't be able to stop myself from having him drag me to a dark alley behind this club and do things to me that should only be done under covers.

A shiver runs over me at the thought.

"You cold, Nara?"

A smile makes its way over my face at his voice, but I mask it before I turn to him.

"No, I'm not cold."

He comes closer. Dangerously close. His head dips and his lips are a feather away from pressing against my neck. "Then why are your nipples hard, baby?"

My gut clenches, just like every time he calls me that.

"I hate it when you call me that."

He faces me, a smirk plastered on his face. He moves in even closer. So close, our noses are practically touching.

"Liar."

My hands go to his chest, pulling him away. "What are you doing? They can see us."

"They went out for a smoke." He clarifies. Moving in on me again. "Which gives us enough time for one dance."

A laugh bursts out of me. "You're going to dance?"

He never dances. I think it's because he doesn't drink. You know, lowered inhibition and all. Unlike the rest of us, making a fool of ourselves on the dance floor. Luckily, people are too drunk to care.