Part 2

Goku stood before the door to Vegeta's house, his hand poised to knock but refusing to move. In the crisp night air, with the pale moonlight on his back, he looked like a statue, frozen in place with fear. He tried to will himself to calm down, but his heart was running its own marathon and his brain was no longer taking orders from him.

What do I do? Do I leave? Would Vegeta be mad if I left? What if I knock too loudly and make him mad? Or knock too softly and he doesn't hear me. Come on, Goku, just knock already! Vegeta invited you over, so he shouldn't be mad when you knock, right? Right?

Goku had always been nervous around Vegeta. He was a Prince, after all. He was strong and opinionated and had enough pride to make his own river full of it. Throughout the years that the two had known each other, the only interest Vegeta had shown in Goku was during sparring. They fought like they always did, striving to be better than they were. But until recently, Goku's sparring had noticeably gotten sloppy and less heated, due to his immense interest in Vegeta. It actually surprised Goku that Vegeta hadn't noticed how he wasn't giving it his all during their training. Whis had picked up on the subtle changes, but didn't speak on the subject, which Goku was thankful for. He didn't know what he'd say if someone were to confront him. How would he share his feelings? Vegeta was a guys guy, meaning he didn't talk about feelings or anything gooey like that. Goku used to be like that, back when he didn't understand feelings or how they worked. He was simple and complex at the same time.

I remember I used to joke around with Vegeta about us being the last Saiyans alive and having to rebuild the Saiyan race. He had laughed and said that it would be a big weight to carry, and at the time I didn't think much into his response. But now that I AM thinking about it, could he have meant something else? Did he want to rebuild the Saiyan race? Not that we could, obviously, since we're both men, but...

That was the main problem. They were both men. So, according to Goku's inner ramblings, they'd never work out. Goku didn't know Vegeta's preferences about relationships, but he was highly certain the Prince was into girls, which put a real damper on his spirits. Don't jump to conclusions, Goku, He thought to himself, finally lowering his arm. Maybe he DOES like men. Or maybe he doesn't. Honestly, I don't know. He's a mystery. He never shares anything about himself, and when he does, it's in small portions that are buried deep. He's like a rock. A large, attractive, spiky-haired rock...

He let out a sigh and rested his forehead against the door, closing his eyes. He felt stupid for debating such a topic right before seeing the Prince himself. Did it make him a pervert? Probably. With the amount of dreams he had had about Vegeta to the practiced confessions in his bathroom mirror, Goku was almost as bad as Master Roshi. Although, he didn't stare at pictures of Vegeta topless with drool dripping from his mouth. Goku had seen Master Roshi ogling the girls in those magazines that way. He used to be confused seeing Master Roshi behave that way, but a part of him understood now. He had an interest in those girls, the same way Goku had an interest in Vegeta.

Maybe I AM a pervert, Goku thought, then turned his back to the door.

He then froze when said door opened up, revealing Vegeta in all his short glory. Goku whirled around and stood as straight as possible, locking his arms to his sides. Vegeta was staring at him with one eyebrow raised, his arms crossed stiffly over his muscled chest. He wore a simple white T-shirt and jeans, his feet bare. His eyes were locked onto Goku with what appeared to be a look of amusement.

"How long are you planning on standing there, because you look like an idiot." Vegeta said, tilting his head slightly to the side.

Goku's face burst into a red hue, and he stumbled around his fragment of a sentence. "Uh...I...well...I was...t-thinking."