Part 14

Goku had never cleaned so feverishly in his entire life. He vacuumed, he swept, he dusted, he did laundry, he even did the dishes, which required a few how-to videos on YouTube. In a matter of hours, his entire apartment was spotless from top to bottom, with a fresh scent wafting around. He could actually see the floor instead of piles of clothes. It felt nice to get the place clean. Marty clearly enjoyed the spacious improvement, as evident by his frantic rolling around on the floor.

Goku looked around the living room, making sure nothing was out of place. If Vegeta was to enter his apartment, Goku wanted it to be perfect. Vegeta's house was perfect, so Goku needed his apartment to be, too. Not only did he want to impress Vegeta, but he wanted to make sure he was comfortable. It would be the first time Vegeta stepped into Goku's apartment, so to say Goku was nervous would be correct. Indeed, he was excited, but he wasn't sure what they would do. Watch movies? Play video games? Goku had an impressive video game collection. Should he make food? Would Vegeta be hungry? They had just left the beach only a few hours ago, so Goku assumed he'd probably be a little hungry. But what would he make? Noodles? Rice? His brain rattled with thoughts and nervous, bundled energy. He hurried around the living room and kitchen, fluffing already fluffed pillows and wiping down an already shining counter top.

I know we'll have fun, so why am I so nervous? Maybe because it feels more personal now that he's coming over to me instead of the other way around. My place is clean and smells nice, so I'm not worried about that. Maybe I'm just antsy because I really, really like him. That's an option. And now I know that Vegeta likes me too, which is a great thing! I mean, he kissed me, and if that's not a green light, then I don't know what is.

Then Goku froze in his frantic cleaning frenzy, staring at the floor. Vegeta kissed me...so should I kiss him back? Is he wanting me to do that? Is that why he was so testy at the beach? He's so complicated, I don't know what to do! It's not like I can ask my friends for advice, so I only have myself to blame for my carelessness. I would love to kiss Vegeta, but I'd need to find the right time, otherwise, he'd kill me. Or...maybe he won't. It's hard to tell what Vegeta wants! He never shares anything.

He sighed and shuffled into the living room, throwing himself onto the couch, his face landing on the center of a square pillow. Usually, he never hesitated to show affection, but now things felt different. Goku wasn't sure what to do or what to think. Rambling thoughts, full of uncertainty and hesitation. Knowing that he'd never felt this way towards anybody made it worse somehow. He didn't know how to properly face his feelings, though he was a little more relaxed knowing that Vegeta felt the same, despite how well he hid it. Vegeta was always good at keeping secrets. It made Goku curious as to just how many secrets he was currently keeping under his skin. Was there things he still hadn't told Goku? Most likely, seeing as how they just started getting along more than friends. In fact, there was still things Goku hadn't Vegeta, such as his childhood.

I wonder what Vegeta's childhood was like, Goku thought as he rolled over onto his back, staring at the white ceiling. Did he fight all the time? Did he hang out with his father and brother? Or was he met with more strict rules that went with being a Prince. I don't know what Princes do, but I have a feeling they don't get to do a lot of stuff. I bet he was super strong and fierce, even as a little kid. I bet he looked cute, too. Wait...does that make me sound like a pedophile?

He shook his head and sat up, resting his forehead in his hands. Ugh, I can barely think clearly! Focus, Goku! Vegeta can't be the only thing you think about. Think about something else for a change.

He opened his eyes to see Marty sitting awkwardly in front of him, his head tilted to the side. Goku laughed and tackled the dog, the two entering a heated wrestling match on the carpet of the living room. Goku had been winning at first, rubbing Marty's stomach and poking his face. But Marty somehow got stronger and laid his entire body weight on Goku's back, effectively pressing him to the ground.