Part 23

It wasn't long until Goku and Vegeta had gathered everyone for their team. Yamcha was ecstatic that they had asked him to participate, nearly jumping for joy. Tien and Chiaotzu were hard to win over, but eventually they caved under Goku's persistent begging. 17 had agreed to enter alongside 18, while Krillin was still sour that he would be missing out. Everything was coming into place like they had planned, and it had only taken one day. Their timing was excellent, but there was still one more member they wished to recruit, and that one member would be the most difficult.

Goku and Vegeta, along with Broly, Cheelai, and Lemo, zipped to Earth once everything was settled. The two ex-Frieza Force soldiers, having never seen the entirety of Earth, were amazed by the colors and bright plant life, along with creatures that, for the most part, weren't trying to kill them. The waving grass, the tall trees, the clean air, and the immense buildings were like a magical world to them, who were used to barren wastelands and bitter food. Cheelai had practically thrown herself onto the grass, running the palm of her hand along the tops of the blades with a smile on her face.

Goku had instructed that Broly come with them to collect Piccolo, and that Cheelai and Lemo head to Capsule Corp, which was where the rest of the team members were located. His hope was that Piccolo would see Broly and agree to join because of their now higher chances. But, with Piccolo being stubborn, it was hard to tell if he would accept. Goku wasn't sure who else they'd ask if Piccolo declined. There was always Vegeta's suggestion of asking Launch, but she wasn't a trained fighter like the others and there was the risk of her getting hurt. Piccolo was their best shot.

Kami's Lookout was an ancient platform in geostationary orbit in the blue skies of Earth, and sat directly above Korin Tower, which sat in the Sacred Land Of Korin. Piccolo had been spending much of his time on the Lookout, with Dende and Mr. Popo. Piccolo always said he liked his privacy and alone-time, and the Lookout was the perfect place for that. No humans, no noises, only pure silence. Plus, the view from the top was enough to take your breath away.

Goku's feet touched down on the smooth platform on the Lookout, clouds stretching around as far as the eye can see. Tall trees were planted in a line, and beautiful structures were scattered around before him. He looked around, then turned to Broly. "Okay! 'Geta and I will talk to Piccolo. You just...follow us and...uh...don't break anything."

"Okay." Broly nodded, standing straight with his arms glued to his sides. He looked mildly out of place, with his large size and dirty clothes. His face was blank as he looked around, though it was obvious he was amazed by everything around him.

"Let's not spend too much time here," Vegeta said, walking towards the main building before them. "Where is he?"

"Probably inside?" Goku said, then stepped forward, cupping his hands around his mouth."Piccolo! Where are you? We want to ask you something!"

Silence greeted them, until Dende came out from one of the buildings, Mr. Popo right behind him. Dende smiled warmly, hurrying over to the three. "Oh, Goku! It's been a while since I've seen you up here. Did you come to use the Time Chamber?"

"No." Vegeta shook his head. "Where's Piccolo?"

"Oh, he has asked that we leave him be. He's up there." Dende pointed up at one of the towers to their right, where a white cape was visible. "What do you need him for?"

" 'Geta will tell you." Goku said with a grin, patting Vegeta on the shoulder. "Broly and I will go talk to Piccolo."

Before Vegeta could complain, the two larger Saiyans flew up into the air and over to the platform at the top of the tower. There, Piccolo sat with his arms crossed stiffly over his chest, his eyes closed and a thoroughly concentrated look on his stern face. His cape blew lightly behind him in the gentle wind, billowing out as if it were waving to the two Saiyans. Goku tip-toed over to where Piccolo sat, creeping up with a full-proof plan to scare him. Broly just watched with an inexpressive look on his face, like he never had a clue as to what was going on around him.