Part 28

Goku and Vegeta trained hard that day, more than they ever had. Primarily, their intense training was in part due to their lack of training over the course of several weeks, so they needed to play catch-up in order to even hope to enter the Tournament. Whis instructed them as he usually did, though he wore a constant smile on his face, a knowing grin that told Goku and Vegeta that he knew everything. He even congratulated the two once they emerged from their room, which Vegeta was not at all thrilled about.

For the first time in weeks, the two worked themselves into exhaustion. They threw punches, kicks, dodged under swings, threw Ki blasts and Kamehameha's for hours, but the entire time, however, it was clear that Goku's mind was elsewhere. Even though he was smart with his blows and quick with his evasions, he couldn't stop thinking about what they had done. It was slightly unsettling that Whis knew about it despite how careful they had been, but a smile came to his face when he thought back to just an hour ago. Having never done anything remotely related to what he had done with Vegeta, it was safe to say that he had been cautious and unsure the entire time. Vegeta hadn't known either, though common sense had pretty much saved the day. Goku could still see Vegeta's blushing face in his mind. It was quite exhilarating, and Goku had never felt that way before. A foreign feeling overcoming him in the heat of an intimate moment. He loved every second of it, and he was eager for them to do it again, provided Vegeta allowed it.

He forced himself to clear his mind and focus on fighting. He wanted to get stronger, not just for himself, but also for Zeno. It had been a decent amount of time since he had seen him, so of course he wanted to impress him with his skills. However, a part of him was concerned that Zeno was primarily excited to see his Ultra Instinct form. Goku knew achieving that form was a one-time thing, so he deeply hoped that Zeno wasn't expecting it. He'd have to stick with God and Blue and pray for the best. Not to say that those two forms weren't powerful in their own right, but compared to Ultra Instinct, they were fairly weak.

Vegeta threw a hard right hook, which Goku quickly ducked under. He sprung back up and bounded to the right, firing a small Ki blast at Vegeta's chest. It sent the smaller Saiyan sliding backwards, but he regained his posture to send a glare Goku's way. Goku simply grinned.

Whis watched from afar, taking in each movement the two made. So far, he could tell that they had much to work on. They were sloppy, uncoordinated, and far too distracted. He figured it wasn't the smartest idea to start sparring right after their intimate interaction, but they were slowly running out of time to prepare. He would have to cram a month's worth of training into a two-day session, which was asking a lot from him, even though he was an Angel.

A small orb of light appeared beside him, taking his attention from the two Saiyans. He turned his head and watched as the small spot of light morphed into a very familiar body, one that he had seen many times. His sister, Vados, appeared from the light, a welcoming smile on her flawless face. She looked just as he remembered, not that he expected her to change. Her arrival perplexed him, and he gave her a confused look. "Vados, what are you doing here?"

"I came to ask you about this Tournament." Vados replied, turning her attention to Goku and Vegeta. "Ah, I see you're getting ready."

"Yes." Whis nodded his head. "What can I help you with? I know very little about this Tournament, the same as you. Zeno seems to be far too excited to properly explain."

"Indeed." Vados said. "But I can't help but be concerned. If he is starting an entire competition just to watch Goku, I can only imagine the worst coming from this."

"I, too, have had this concern." Whis replied. "But in all honestly, I don't think we have anything to worry about. Have you collected fighters?"

"Some, yes. Cabba is out getting one last member, which would put our numbers to six."