Part 13

That day, Goku thought it would be a grand idea to spend the rest of the day with Vegeta. Despite Vegeta's constant assuring that they would be better off training on Lord Beerus's planet, Goku was equally persistent. To be perfectly honest, it was around this point that Vegeta didn't mind being around Goku, but it had gotten noticeably more awkward now that he had technically kissed him. But he couldn't deny the rising fact that Goku was adorable and quirky and entertaining and pretty much everything Vegeta wanted. Of course, being the owner of the biggest supply of pride made it difficult to admit these things, so he opted to keep it bottled up. Goku was already badgering Vegeta with questions and corny flirtatious remarks after the breakfast kiss, and Vegeta was running out of excuses to ignore him.

West City was as crowded and busy as it normally was. Hover cars zooming by, planes flying high overhead, and noisy pedestrians walking aimlessly along the sidewalk to whatever was to occupy their day. The sun sent its rays of light down to illuminate the city below, creating a welcoming warmth that wasn't too overbearing to insist on shorts and tank tops.

At one particular coffee shop near a bustling open market, a group of friends sat around a circular table, chatting and sipping hot and cold beverages. It had been something of a ritual for Bulma to drag her friends along for coffee and fun activities when the weather was nice, which she had been doing for a collection of months now. Originally, it used to just be her, Goku, Krillin, and Yamcha, but the group had gotten bigger over the years. Joining them was Chi-Chi, since she was a new friend of Bulma's, and Vegeta, who had been invited along by Goku. They sat in the shade of a large tree, discussing nothing important about unimportant topics that friends discussed over coffee.

Goku and Vegeta sat next to each other, and every few seconds, when Goku was sure no one was looking, he'd scoot his chair closer to Vegeta's. Vegeta had started pretending he didn't notice, but it became impossible when the screeching of the chair legs sounded scraping along the concrete. The others hadn't caught wind of it, as they were busy engaging in conversation, which both men were thankful for. Vegeta found it humorous as to the lengths Goku would go just to sit near him. He kept his arms crossed tight over his chest, his gaze remaining locked forward, though he sent quick glances and smiles Goku's way, which were reciprocated nearly immediately.

Surprisingly, there was no tension between the two. After breakfast, Bulma had called to invite Goku out for their annual coffee break. Goku had agreed, obviously, and begged Vegeta to join. In all honesty, Vegeta only gave in because he had nothing else to do, and he wasn't looking forward to being alone. Having Goku spend the night was something different, and Vegeta enjoyed it. Especially when he got breakfast made for him. Goku had been overjoyed when Vegeta said yes to tagging along, and they had gotten dressed without another word. Sure, Goku made flirtatious comments every few minutes, and whenever Vegeta would smile, he'd think up another one.

To say that Vegeta was starting to enjoy the larger Saiyan's company would be, at this point, the complete and utter truth.

Bulma took a long sip of her latte, giggling at something Chi-Chi had said. "Exactly! You know, I honestly think my father would do so much better if he actually ate healthier. All that junk food is messing with his stomach."

"Hey, why don't you take him out to eat somewhere that only serves healthy food, he might grow to like it." Chi-Chi suggested.

"Smart, I'll try that." Bulma smiled brightly.

"This conversation is boring." Yamcha huffed, resting his head on the table. "Seriously, it's all girl talk! Where's the guy talk?"

"The guy talk is nonexistent." Krillin chuckled, poking his bagel with a fork. "And this thing is burnt."