Chapter 1.1: Kushida or Horikita?

𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔡 𝔬𝔲𝔭𝔩𝔢𝔰, 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔏𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔰.

1st April, 4:50 PM

    "Why did it have to be her, of all people?" I mumbled in curdled frustration, my voice scarcely audible above the din of my inner thoughts.

I faced the door, my palm dormant on the doorknob, hesitant to push it down.

Not only had I made a fool of myself during the introduction, but I had also unwittingly garnered the enmity of essentially every male student, all before the first day had even passed.

I hadn't even done anything to earn their scorn, but they were all infuriated with me purely on account of my partner being Kushida. Her beauty had earned her a notorious reputation among the boys, which was only to be anticipated.

Closing my eyelids, I pushed down the latch and stepped into the apartment. Rather than the interior, however, only a wall of scorching steam billowed out and enshrouded me.

It seems like Kushida's already arrived.

Shutting the door behind me, I marched further into the apartment while a coconut scent tickled my nostrils, and grew stronger with each step.

    "Oh, greetings, Ayanokoji-kun!" So Kushida welcomed me with an ethereal smile, albeit my gaze flitted elsewhere.

I guess I can partially fathom the reason the boys are envious of me.

Kushida's short hair dripped sparingly while around her waist, only a snug white towel covered her upper body.

In view of the towel's firmness, her voluptuous breasts—which glinted slightly from not being completely dry yet—appeared even larger.

    "Sorry for walking into you," I apologized, turning around, so I wouldn't come across as a pervert.

    "That's not your fault, Ayanokoji-kun. We are living together anyway, so it was bound to happen."

While I expected her to throw a tantrum, she simply dismissed this incident as an accident. In fact, she was not even embarrassed in the slightest.

    "You're right," I concurred, rotating around again. This time, I seized the opportunity to sneak a peek at her fully exposed thighs but proceeded before staring too intently at them, "I think I'll go look around my room."

    "Wait," Kushida intoned, grabbing my hand, whereupon I faced her.

Before I could utter a syllable, she pressed her tender breasts against my chest and glowered at me with pleading eyes.

    "Do you mind accompanying me shopping later?"

If she was trying to convince me with this stare, it didn't work. Though I suppose accompanying her wouldn't hurt.

    "Sure," I replied, conjuring a smile on her mien.

𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔡 𝔬𝔲𝔭𝔩𝔢𝔰, 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔏𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔰.

1st April, 5:25 PM

The grating screech of the shopping cart's wheels resounded in my ears as I perused the shelves, scrutinizing the fiery-hot beef-flavored instant ramen.

    "Do you think this is an appropriate price?" I skeptically questioned as Kushida glided up next to me, her cart at a standstill.

As this is my first time going shopping, I don't know the appropriate prices of the products. Thus, accompanying and seeking the expertise of Kushida—who was currently tipping her head to the side to evaluate the ramen's price of 218 yen—wasn't a bad idea.