Chapter 2: Luck or Misfortune?

𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔡 𝔬𝔲𝔭𝔩𝔢𝔰, 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔏𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔰.

1st May, 8:02 AM

  "I haven't received any private points," revealed Sotomura, scratching his head as he waited for the digit on his phone to return to 100'000.

Shortly after, several other students chimed in with the identical problem, creating a chaotic sprawl until Hirata pitched in.

"Hm, I have received them though," Hirata intoned with a concerned expression.

Bewilderment swept through the room, and their wild chatter continued. I hope I won't be interrogated.

"What about you, Kushida-san?"

"I have received them as well, but not 100'000."

I did receive my share of private points as well. It was around 88'000. So far, only Hirata, Kushida, and I have received their private points. Mei-Yu must have received them as well.

"Silence," instructed Chabashira strictly as she entered the classroom.

Nobody disobeyed, not even Koenji, and the atmosphere within the room grew more tense and unsettling as the whiff of lightheartedness dissipated. After numerous moments, Chabashira slammed her hands on her desk.

"Are you really that stupid?" she demanded, glaring at us as the students around me started to feel anxious and to gulp.

There was no response. Though, this was a rhetorical question regardless as Chabashira proceeded to write down the scores of each class on the whiteboard.

Class D's score was a depressing zero.

"The private points you receive are dependent on your result as a couple, and this month, it affected the entirety of your class points," she elaborated as the other students marveled at the points of the other classes.

"I don't know how a class can perform this badly," she asserted, her voice filled with disappointment and frustration.

It was unusual for Chabashira to get worked up since she usually seemed apathetic and cold toward us.

"The school went even so far as to give you points for a shared meal for the first half of the month. 30 points have been more or less gifted to you, but most of you ended up with minus points."

"How come we have zero points, then?" Ike asked.

"It's thanks to two couples in here," she divulged, her gaze migrating to Kushida and Hirata.

It was not long after that I received some envious stares from the male students after she stated that.

"How can we earn class points?" Hirata queried, and many students agreed with his question.