Chapter 1.4: Maid

𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔡 𝔬𝔲𝔭𝔩𝔢𝔰, 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔏𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔰.

19th April, 5:05 PM

I detached my lips from her dewy, rosy lips and gazed into her eyes in the drab twilight for several moments before withdrawing. Kushida, on the other hand, stood still, her posture rigid.

"You can leave now, Kikyou," I declared, brandishing my phone and illuminating the room with the radiant light of its screen.

With the additional lighting, I was able to discern more details of her profile, such as the wispy blush adorning her cheeks still, and her delicate, glowing ears.

"Is this really everything?" she inquired, ensuring I did not want anything else from her.

"For today, yes," I replied belatedly as another lightning strike ensued.

After hearing that, her shoulders subconsciously slumped disappointed that there would not be more to come. Though, I could also perceive her being displeased by knowing there will be more in the future.

"Tell me now what it is," she postulated, trying to prevent procrastination.

"In three days, I want you to..."

𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔡 𝔬𝔲𝔭𝔩𝔢𝔰, 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔏𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔰.

21st April, 9:25 AM

Two days had elapsed since the electricity had cut out, and likewise, two days since I had last set foot in the school. Recently, I have not been feeling well, and my thoughts have been consumed. Stripping off my clothes, I hopped in the shower and flipped the water on.

As the steam in the bathroom thickened, and the piping hot water cascaded down from the shower head onto my skin, I closed my eyes.

However, upon closing my eyes, the sensation of his lips on mine reappeared, and the memory flowed through my head, prompting me to rip open my eyes since my body was burning up even more.

Turning off the water, I leaned against the wall with my hands, the drops of water dripping from my wet hair.

"This... bastard..." I mumbled under my breath, my pulse increasing due to my anger.

Why did he have to do this? No... in the first place...

"Why the hell am I remembering this?"

While complaining, I mildly hammered my hand against the wall in frustration.

Do I like...

No, there's simply no way.

Shaking my head and thereby my ruminations, I turned on the water again and proceeded to shower.

𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔡 𝔬𝔲𝔭𝔩𝔢𝔰, 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔏𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔰.

22nd April, 3:45 PM

The glimmer of the sun was veiled by a dense blanket of clouds in the sky as I sat across from another student at a small café table. I glanced at my companion Yuki, who perched herself with her frosty iced coffee.