What is This a Job Interview?

You awoke feeling rather pleasant. It made you think that the events of the previous day were all a dream. It wasn't until you opened your eyes and saw the unfamiliar fabric ceiling, that you shot upright and slapped a hand against your neck, feeling for the puncture marks of last night. Instead of skin you find a bandage wrapped around your neck, not tight enough that it was uncomfortable or cutting off air, just tight enough to stop the wound from opening up again.

You focused more on where you were. You were in what you assumed to be a makeshift bed. The blanket was thick and very comfortable. It was the only thing really keeping you warm since you noticed you were missing your hoodie and were just in your tank top and pants. Your hoodie was folded rather neatly on the floor next to the bed with your shoes and your bag was sitting on top of the small pile.

Although, the stuff that was in your bag was now scattered around the pile as if someone had taken them out of the bag and wasn't bothered putting them back in. It looked like you were still in the tent but you were in a different area than the main room you had passed out in.

Despite knowing it would be cold, you took the blanket off your legs to survey your ankle. There was a bandage wrapped around it, securing it and making it hard to move or roll. You found it really weird how you weren't feeling any pain. You looked down at your wrists and frowned at them. Just as you thought, both wrists had bruises that looked similar to hand prints, though one hand had more defined marks than the other. Obviously from where Dottore dragged you by your wrist.

You poked at them and your frown deepens. All your wounds were still there then you just couldn't feel pain coming from them. It was very confusing. Before you could fall deeper into your thoughts you saw movement in the "doorway" and looked up to find the doctor himself turning to face you.

"Ah you're awake. Good to see, how'd you sleep?" He stood in the entrance looking at you and you just stared back. Standing in front of you was not the insane clone Il Dottore you met last night, this was, for the lack of a better word, Dottore Prime. The Dottore that was in the Harbinger trailer. He hummed loudly to draw attention to his previous question, breaking you out of your thoughts again.

"Oh sorry, I slept surprisingly well." You mumbled and swung your legs off the bed. "Was it you or the other one that made me feel numb and helped my wounds?" You asked and he chuckled.

"Ah, so you know about my segments." It wasn't a question or clarification. It was more of a statement, saying it outloud so he would remember. You hummed in the same way he had before when he had broken you out of your thoughts. An amused look crossed his face as he realised you were mimicking him. "That would be me. Though the pain suppressors should wear off soon."

"What sort of pain killers actually make you feel no pain whatsoever?" You muttered to no one in particular. He snapped his fingers as if remembering something.

"Wait here." He moved to leave but looked back at you. "And don't try to escape." His hard glare, even from behind his mask was enough for you to raise your hands in surrender. He stood frozen for a second before disappearing off into the main part of the tent. You let out a breath. For some reason you were less scared of this Dottore. Though still intimidating, the insane vibes the other one put out weren't anywhere close to this Dottore's vibe. More like he had put his points into intimidation instead of insanity. You looked around the room again to take in more details and distract yourself from your thoughts.

There was a deconstructed ruin guard on the far side of the room opposite you, only recognisable by the head. You blinked as something clicks in your head. When you were in the tent you noticed that there were only two rooms, the main one and the one the Dottore clone had entered from. So that must mean...