Step the fuq up kyle

"I'm going to kill you."

"I don't doubt that." You were now hyper aware of the invisible tick marks on his forehead as you tasted electricity in the air again.

"Then stop talking." He threatens this time it effectively shuts you up. You had been talking at him for the past ten minutes as you made your way back to Dottore's lab (or at least you hoped you were going there.) Apparently each Harbinger had a different section of the Palace. E.g. Dottore had a section of the ground floor and basement while some areas were shared like training grounds.

As much as you would love to continue to piss off the baby girl, you could tell that his patience was running thin so you probably shouldn't.

...

But when have you ever thought logically?

"Aww but what if I don't want to?" You smile cheekily, knowing full well that he would definitely get pissed off. At his silence your smile falls into confusion. You thought he would shout at you or at least walk faster. Anything other than continuing as if you hadn't said anything. Oh wait he was ignoring you- damn it you must've lost brain cells.

"Oh sorry did I make you angry, Scara?"

CRACK

It wasn't a boom of thunder but it was definitely lightning which you didn't have time to process, finding the air knocked out of your lungs as you were slammed against a wall by your throat. Your vision is yet to clear but you can make out the blurred outline of Scaramouche.

"I told you not to call me that." He sneers and you just get out a nod, trying to get the oxygen back into your lungs. "If you can not learn respect," not only did the grip on your neck tighten, making you claw at his arm but you could feel sparks of electricity on your neck. It was enough for pricks of pain but not completely injure. "then you will get a lot worse than this."

The pressure around your neck is gone and you fall to your knees, placing your hands on the cold floor to wheeze air back into your lungs. The injury of your again bruised neck was a harsh slap back to reality. These characters weren't just fictional anymore and they were real. They also weren't going to hit off with you right away like you were the main character in a fan fic.

This was real.

And you might have just ruined your potential friendship with Scaramouche because it hadn't processed in your head that this. was. real.

"Comrade, what brings you here?" Oh you knew that voice. "You don't usually come to my side of the palace."

"God fucking dammit." Scara mutters before turning to address Childe. "Yes well I was trying to find someone to get rid of the Seer and look, here you are. They're your responsibility now."

"Wait what-" Before Childe could finish his question Scaramouche had disappeared in a flurry of purple sparks. You flinch as a few sparks hit your skin on your cheek and back of your neck.

"Well then," he begins turning to you and bending down to help you up. "I'm surprised you only got off with a minor injury." He grabs your chin and lifts it up to look over your neck.

"I just have a great personality" You laugh before taking a step away from Childe as he lets go of your chin. You move your jaw around and flinch at the aching feeling forming on your throat and ankle. The painkillers must be wearing off. Dammit.

"How did you get stuck with the Balladeer anyway?" Childe asks and you let out a breath. Childe's voice calmed you, your heart rate returning to normal so you were no longer in fight or flight.

"I got lost after exploring, the one person who I asked for help pretty much hated me and then Scara appeared and I went along with him." You explain, itching at the back of your neck where the spark had hit you.