The Travel Arc

The first day and night were relatively eventless. You and Childe spent most of the time sharing what you had gotten for his family and talking about who each member was. The night you and Aratiri introduced him and Viktor to Uno. You discovered just how much Uno can ruin friendships as the usually stoic Viktor was yelling insults and cursing archons by the 4th round.

The second day was eventless again, at least in the morning. You were in the middle of a game of Uno in the back of the carriage just after lunch and a conversation about what video games were when the carriage stopped. The both of you freeze in confusion and you bend down to pick up the cards that had fallen off the chair and onto the floor.

"Lord Childe, there's a fallen tree blocking the path. It'll take us about half an hour to clear so come out and stretch if you need." Aratiri calls out as a thud indicates they had hopped off the driver's seat.

"We'll finish our game first, thank you for letting us know." You keep forgetting that Childe has a somewhat serious side despite tagging along to multiple of his debt collections. You go to set up the game but hushed whispers come from the back of the carriage. Childe goes to speak but you raise a finger to your lips, gesturing to the back wall.

"Told you a fancy carriage would be travelling down here, plus whoever is in there is a lord, they have to have good money." A masculine voice says from behind the carriage, and you sigh, figuring that the tree was no accident.

"Alright sorry for not believing you. Take the drivers out, I'll deal with the passengers." A different, more feminine voice says before footsteps sound out and a few figures move past the doors of the carriage. The outline of a person stands outside Childe's side window but he places a hand on the handle and forces the door open and into the person.

"Well this day has gotten a lot more interesting. Not that Uno wasn't interesting [Y/n], no offence." He says, getting out of the carriage and turning back to you. You just give a shrug as you sit on the closest edge of the carriage seat.

"None taken. Should I join in the fight?" You ask and he nods with his 'I love violence' smile.

"You guys are bold. As if a lord could fight." The treasure hoarder woman Childe hit with the door lunges at Childe who dodges effortlessly and her momentum brings her to land closer to the carriage, where you were sitting. As she lands you kick her in the face launching her back to Childe who bends down and punches the treasure hoarder in the stomach, sending her bouncing across the road. You blink, realising just how much Childe still holds back in your sparring sessions.

"We should check on the drivers..." You suggest, your mind wandering back to Aratiri and Viktor as you climb out of the carriage. He nods and moves to the front, you following somewhat closely behind.

"Sorry the treasure hoarders jumped us." Aratiri sweat drops, an unconscious Viktor leaning against the carriage, concern crosses your face at the slight blood trail dripping down the side of his face. "He's just unconscious, don't worry."

Aratiri stands guarding Viktor unconscious form so you draw the blades Viktor had given you back in Liyue. The treasure hoarders look between the three of you, the large group of them clearly outnumbering you. They give a nod to each other and run forward and split up, some going to attack you and Childe while others attack Aratiri.

By the time you had taken out three Childe had taken out 6 and Aratiri had taken out 4. You had just knocked out your third one when Aratiri glances up at you and calls out a warning, their lamp glowing. You turn in time to see a treasure hoarder raise a knife to stab you, you raise your arms to block the blow but it never comes.

Instead a large thud sounds in your ears and you see Childe standing over the last treasure horder's body. You look behind Childe at the pile of bodies on the floor. You could see that some were breathing but you had no idea if the other ones were still alive, nor did you want to know. Then you look Childe up and down.