Another Box for My Trinkets

You stare at Childe, blinking slowly as he apologises for being late. You study the poorly hidden blood on his clothes and the small splatter still on his cheek.

"Sorry I had a few problems with my last job." He says with a smile and you just shake your head and reach forward, using your thumb to wipe the blood off his cheek before turning to your two agents. Childe stands unsure how to react to your action, you yourself were screaming internally as you had no idea why you did that.

"Normally I'd let the two of you join us but I think you've been designated as the drivers." You smile softly at them and they just shake their heads.

"No need to apologise, we're used to travelling in different carriages." Viktor shakes his head, his long hair hidden behind his hood and mask.

"There's no need to worry about us, we can handle ourselves." Aratiri adds with a small smile.

"Still I feel kind of bad you have to be outside." You mutter before sighing. You open your mouth to say something else before Childe takes a step forward, gesturing to the two carriages.

"Luckily enough there are only a few agents travelling back to Snezhnaya with us but they won't be ready until this afternoon so you have time to say goodbye to anybody you've met here." He says, mostly towards you but gives a nod towards the agents. There was something in the nod that you couldn't read but Aratiri and Viktor seem to understand what it was and nod back.

With that you gave them a quick nod of your head and turned to make your way to the Funeral Parlour. In doing this you miss Childe turning to your agents.

"Thank you for hanging back." He begins, his smile dropping slightly. "Have either of you been briefed about escorting a carriage with a Harbinger inside?"

They both nod and Childe relaxes slightly. "That makes my job easier then. I want you to ignore one of the rules and come get me and The Seer if you run into any problems." He instructs and turns to the two of them so they knew there was no room for argument. "Now I need to find [Y/n] before they get lost..." He trails off before turning back around again. "Oh and one more thing..."

You had been working at the Funeral parlour when you weren't with Childe on an errand or debt collection so after a few days you quickly became as well known as Hu Tao. "The director of Wangshu Funeral Parlour's mysterious and chaotic partner" as you overheard outside the parlour one day. Needless to say you had to say goodbye to her, and probably Zhongli as you had talked to him quite a few times and he had offered you safety.

You spot the director of the parlour almost immediately and rush forward. You leap onto her back, hugging her tightly as she lets out a strangled gasp in surprise as you laugh loudly as the two of you begin to lose balance.

"The fu-" Hu Tao shouts as the two of you fall to the floor, ending in a pile of laughter. You get off of her and offer her a hand to help her up through the laughter. "You got me good that time." She sighs with silent laughter while you nod.

"Director Hu Tao of Wansheng Funeral Parlour pronounced dead by a tackle hug." You mock a reporter's voice before shaking your head. "Sorry but I came here to tell you that I'm leaving today."

"And you tell me now?" She exhales through her nose. "Could I convince you to take our "Leaving Liyue" deal or buy one coffin and get the decorations at half price?"

You laugh and shake your head again. "As much as I want to make it up to you for letting me work here, I'll have to pass."

"How disappointing." She sighs dramatically before snapping her fingers. "I know, how about one last errand for the Funeral Parlour?" She offers and you shrug.