Chapter 6.5 - Here Lie Simps

If you didn't pay attention to the warnings in the foreword now would be your time to look away! The first half of this chapter focuses on Dottore and as you already know, Dottore is very much not mentally stable. Please be aware that what you're about to read contains BLOOD, POSSESSIVENESS and GRAPHIC DEPICTIONS OF VIOLENCE

You have been warned - enjoy <3!

Dottore was having a shitty day. Apparently one of his segments had broken one if his experiments and couldn't fix it himself, so now HE has to travel up the bloody fucking mountain to fix the dumbass's mistake. What Dottore had not expected when he walked into camp was to see Viktor waiting for him with the news that they had intercepted a person of interest.

In his confusion he rushed past the pyro agent to the main tent and looked into the bedroom area, finding his segment laying a person on the bed. The first thing he noticed was that they looked unlike anyone he had seen on Teyvat before. And he had travelled a lot.

"Who on Teyvat is that?" He asked, the segment immediately straightened at the seemingly sudden appearance of him. He noticed the new burns across the mask and skin on his segment's face. Based on how blistered hadn't formed yet he assumed it was a very, very, recent injury.

"An Outlander." The segment said rather blandly and Dottore rolled his eyes. He did not have the time nor patience to deal with a foreigner, from Mondstadt or Inazuma.

"I can see that but why are they so important to not put them with the others?" He crossed his arms. His segment explained how you were from another world, one where they were just characters in a story and Dottore was immediately entranced by the other-worldly person laying on the bed.

What was their world like? How much did they know about him? Do they have abilities that humans here don't?

He wanted nothing more than for you to wake up right there and then so he could tear you apart to find your secrets. But it took two days. Two painful days of having to share a smaller tent with his segment due to you using the bed in the main tent. He could have just moved you but he feared that moving you too much would disrupt the healing process.

Dottore was sitting on the bed looking down at you, knife gripped in his hand. He had a habit of marking his experiments, often with a branding technique of burning a mark into the back or side of their neck using a hot iron. So when you had slept through the entirety of the first day he took initiative that night. While you were passed out he flipped you onto your stomach and unwrapped the bandages he had previously carefully wrapped around your neck. The cut made by his segment was healing well but he was about to change that.

He gripped the knife harder and brought it down to the cut on your neck. He began carving his harbinger symbol into the back of your neck, using the cut that was already there, making sure to go deep enough that it would scar while also avoiding fatal places. It was the first time in a while he had done this by hand and there was a high chance that it wouldn't scar properly but by adding a drop of the liquid from his earring, the light blue tinge to the scar should be enough to tell people that you were his.

When he came to check on you that morning he was over the moon to see you up and about. It looks like you weren't having an adverse reaction to the pain suppressors he gave you either which he took as a good thing.

When travelling back to the palace Dottore happily listened to you about your world. He thought you were very useful because not only could you tell them how certain events would play out, you also knew a lot about the Abyss and gods. Your device that played music and stored things in it was also so interesting. He was interested in it but he was sure Sandrone would enjoy picking it apart more to see how it worked. You seemed rather attached to it though so that might have to wait.