A brother from another Mother

A/n: Happy birthday to Asat84 on wattpad who's birthday is sometime in June, to McAlpineeee on whose birthday is June 8th and to HiddenAriana from my discord who's Bday is today! Happy birthday my beautiful readers!!

It had only been a week since Pantalone had been sick and a week and a half since you had arrived in Liyue and yet he was going to leave today.

"Are you sure you want to stay with Targtaglia here in Liyue?" Pantalone asks, as if he was the one staying with the Eleventh. Last night when you had returned from training, the 9th had given you the option of staying in Liyue with Childe or going back to The Palace with him. You choose the former.

"Yes I'm sure. Childe may be immature but arguably I'm worse." You wanted to continue training as well as you're pretty sure any fatui agent you'd be dumped on would either circum to your rizz or would have a heart attack from your Gen-Z jokes.

So that was that, you wished Pantalone a goodbye as he left. It was weird, that you were feeling the disappointment of someone leaving even though you hadn't spent much "quality" time with him, yet you still felt the disappointment of a friend leaving.

...

Maybe you need better friends-

The rest of the morning you had been spending a lot of time around the funeral parlour since Childe was nowhere to be seen. To your surprise, Viktor was awake, so both him and Aratiri had joined you at the Parlour.

"And that's how I always end up on my ass at training." You finish complaining to Zhongli who stood back and watched as you and Aratiri placed a coffin against a wall for display.

"You would think that after a week of teaching you how to dodge, you would be able to dodge one of Lord Childe's attacks." Viktor chuckles and you send him an offended look.

"Indeed." Zhongli agrees and you send him the offended look back.

"Excuse me. Childe is a Harbinger. If I could dodge his attacks after only one and a bit weeks of training, I don't think he would be a Harbinger." You huff as Hu Tao rushes in.

"Zhongli, you're supposed to have a meeting with someone right now. She's waiting in the back room!" She complains and hurriedly pushes Zhongli out the door.

"You're welcome to watch us at training tonight." Viktor offers as Zhongli has one foot out the door.

"I would love to, thank you for the offer." He bows his head before Hu Tao closes the door behind him.

"That man is literally like a rock." She says and you nod, laughing slightly.

"He's as dense as one too." You point out and she nods along with you in agreement. Viktor turns back to ask Hu Tao a question but frowns in confusion as he sees the two of you nodding at the door with a serious expression. Aratiri stands beside him and watches his line of sight before shaking their head.

"Are they-"

"Best not to question anything [Y/n] does with Hu Tao. For plausible deniability."

"Right."

~~~

Turns out Hu Tao couldn't come to the training but Zhongli came along and even brought some tea which you politely declined as you didn't want to throw up during the match if Childe decides to be a bitch and punch you too hard in the wrong place.

To your shock Childe was running late so Viktor took the time to coach you again on how to use his curved blades. It was mostly martial arts with blades on your forearms so it was a lot of control movements and very repetitive.