Spill the Tea

The trip to Liyue was kinda boring. You were excited for the trip just like back in your old world when you would go on long car rides. Although this was still a long car ride, so you had to ask if you could stop for a second for fresh air because apparently you still get car sick even in carriages. It was awkward on the first day as well, to the point where you reached over to Aratiri's hand for emotional support. The problem was that it took three days to travel there so you had to stop at two different hotels. You were lowkey disappointed that the author who had thrown you into this mess hadn't taken the chance to do the classic tropes of two people-one-bed or some shit like that.

You did manage to sneak Aratiri out of the lower agent's shared room and into yours, as yours was fancier and had a spare bed (for some reason). The two of you basically had a sleepover, talking shit about other agents and you even got to do their hair. You did also explain to them what your phone was and when you went to explain that you were from another world they cut you off saying, "It's your personal life, plus if it's one of Il Dottore's experiments, I don't want to know." You were very happy that Aratiri was your friend.

"You know there were some agents talking shit about you yesterday before you came to get me from the dorms." They say as you braid their hair.

"Wait, were there really?" You fake gasp in offence. "Those assholes."

"They were talking about how they had never seen you before and suddenly you were sitting with me in a carriage with Lord Pantalone." They explain, humming slightly, an angry look on their face. You laugh to try and relieve the tension.

"They're just jealous because they don't have an amazing person like me as their friend or superior." You smile, flexing your muscles as if that had anything to do with it. "If they talk smack again I give you permission to kick them in the balls."

"But what if they're female, nonbinary or trans?"

"Kick them in the balls."

~~~

The rest of the ride to Liyue was the same, except you managed to convince Aratiri to sneak a headphone on so the two of you could vibe while you made conversation with Pantalone. As you got closer to the city you couldn't help but stare out the window in awe.

DEAR ARCHONS, LIYUE WAS FUCKING GORGIOUS.

Aratiri was enjoying the view as well but when they heard you and Pantalone go silent they turned to ask if everything was alright only for the Regrator to hold up a hand. They immediately knew why. You were so engrossed in the view that it almost looked like you had stars in your eyes. Both Aratiri and Pantalone had similar thoughts about how cute you looked but they would keep that to themselves.

Soon you began to feel the weather change as you got closer to the Harbour and quickly realised why Pantalone had got into the carriage without his jacket on and instead wore a sleeveless turtleneck. (You almost had a blood nose when you had walked into the carriage that morning and seen him without the coat.)

You stuffed the coat into your bag and stuffed your hoodie in there as well. You blink in surprise with how the bag didn't look any bigger than it did before... Maybe you'd ask Dottore about it when you got back.

You sit back from the edge and look back to Aratiri and Pantalone, who both seemed to be looking out the other window. For some reason you felt suspicious of them. The carriage stops just outside Liyue Harbour as Pantalone coughs to relieve some of the awkward tension in the air.

"Welcome to Liyue Harbour." He introduces as the driver opens the door and helps the three of you out (your friendly smile had turned into a glare when he didn't go to help Aratiri out. The driver felt the glare and immediately offered a hand to Aratiri thinking it was Pantalone giving the death look.)