He's his sugar WHAT?

Before we begin i would just like to say THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE FANART KAYA

~~~

You had fallen into a rhythm for the next few days. Paperwork with Pantalone in the late morning and early afternoon, lunch in the late afternoon with Aratiri and sometimes Childe out in Liyue before going out and training into the night.

It was tiring but, you weren't going to lie, you could feel yourself getting stronger and your fitness had improved a lot and it had only been a week.

It was the first day of your second week in Liyue and you had just woken up. The sun was already high in the sky so it was probably about ten am but you were still groggy as you shovelled your breakfast into your mouth.

"[Y/n]?"

"ACK!" You choked on your food from the sudden voice of Childe breaking you from your thoughts.

"Archons, are you alright?" Concern laces his voice but you merely raise a thumbs up as you hack up your lungs. "You sure?"

"Y-yup, extremely sure." You say, voice strained as you take a sip of water to hopefully wash down the food, you coughed, clearing your throat before looking back up at Childe. "What's up?"

"Would you like to go out with me?" Childe asks smiling down at you.

...

"Eh?"

...

"EH!" You were back to coughing up food, face dusted with red from the question. "You want me to go out with you? Like on a date?"

He blinks at you before red dusts his cheeks. "Wait, no, that's not what I meant!" He shakes his head and you laugh slightly, hoping that a joke might distract the two of you.

"Haha, I'm just messing with you, I know what you meant." You say, you know, like a liar.

"Ah, I see..." Childe's panic dies off but the blush remains on both of your cheeks before he clears his throat during the awkward silence.

"So..." You begin, pursing your lips at the awkward silence. "Where did you want to take me?"

"Ah right." He cleared his throat and thoughts again before looking at you again. "Would you like to join me at The Funeral Parlour? Zhongli has invited us out for tea while he's on his break."

You hum while nodding. Why not? It would be nice to actually relax again. Especially since your entire body felt like lead.

~~~

The tea was helping. You had no idea how but with every sip you felt your muscles relaxing. You let out a sigh of relief as you sink into the chair.

"Enjoying the tea?" Zhongli hums and takes a sip of his own drink.