49

'What just happened?' Jimin looks at me in horror

'I have no idea. I've never seen him like this.' I tell him, just as equally horrified. 'I wanna check up on him. Do you-'

'Absolutely. It's Kookie.' He agreed before I even finished what I was saying

We went over to Jungkook's room, knocked on his door, and waited for him to open it.
He took a bit, but he did open up. His eyes were still red from crying.

'Kookie, do you wanna talk?' I ask him. He was just looking at the two of us for a while, then finally moved back, opening the door completely, and letting us in.

Jimin and I walked in after him, sitting down on the floor in front of Jungkook's bed, where he was sitting.
I've never seen him look or act like this. It's like seeing the same 8-year-old boy from years back.

'What's going on, Kookie?' Jimin speaks up softly

'I'm sorry Yuna, hyung, I got a bit overwhelmed.' He sighs, then starts talking again. 'I was so scared she'd never recover from you two breaking up. I know I told you what she was like, but you haven't seen her hyung. And she didn't see the way you were, either. You were both so broken, and no one knew what to do. I prayed to God that you two find your way back to each other. It was painful to even watch. I can't even imagine what the two of you felt.'

It made my eyes fill up listening to him. I never knew that this is how he felt. He was there for me the entire way through, helping me. And I never did anything to help him. I never knew how it would affect him.

'No, Kookie, I am sorry. I never paid attention to how you felt, even though you were there for me the entire time. I never thought that you would be in pain as well.' I tell him, feeling my tears overflow, and quickly wipe them away. I felt Jimin's hand softly brushing over my face, wiping my tear away as well.

'I should be the sorriest. I'm the reason all of this happened.' Jimin says quietly. 'I see you more like a brother than anything else. You're the one that supported me since the day you found out I liked her. And that was a long time ago. And I still messed it up, and hurt her. And I'm gonna hate myself for the rest of my life for that. And I'm sorry I never asked how you felt. You were right in the middle of it all.'

'I felt like a kid whose parents were getting a divorce.' Kookie jokes, making me snort through my tears. 'But jokes aside, it was just horrifying to see how much you both suffered. And the fact you both still loved each other was even worse. I tried to think of what it would be like if Suri left, and it hurt to even think about it.'

'You are right, it was excruciating to be away from her. As I told her earlier, I might as well be dead if I'm not with her. And I'm never doing that again. I kept that ring for a reason. I promised her my life, and I meant it.' Jimin tells him

'And I took the ring for the same reason. You know better than anyone how much I love him. It's him or no one.' I looked at Jimin, who was gazing at me lovingly, holding my hand in his

'I'm sorry about earlier. I was just so relieved to see her smiling. Truly smiling. Being truly happy. And seeing you just as happy made me realize once again that you two belong together. It's like two puzzle pieces that fit perfectly. The way you make her happy... I don't think anyone else could do that. So, thank you, for finding your way back to each other.' Kookie finally smiles at both of us, looking happy

'I feel like I'm being given away.' I chuckle

'He did that when he was 14.' Jimin says, smiling at Jungkook. 'At least when I told you back then I'll marry your sister, I wasn't lying.' He giggles

'Sorry, when was this?' I ask, laughing

'Remember when I told you how I figured out he liked you?' Kookie says, and I nod at him, getting him to continue.
'I asked him jokingly 'what are your plans with my sister', you know like they do in the movies, and he told me he is going to marry you one day. Except even back then he didn't look like he was joking. And ever since then, I've decided you're Mrs Park.' Kookie grins at Jimin, who's smiling so brightly he's almost blinding