Chapter 3: Eenie Meenie

"You can't make up your mind, mind, mind, mind, mind. Please don't waste my time, time, time, time, time. I'm not tryin' to rewind, wind, wind, wind, wind, wind. I wish our hearts could come together as one. –Sean Kingston (Eenie Meenie)"

~*~*~*~*

It's been two years with my relationship with Tristan. We were only sixteen at that time but now we're fully grown eighteen year olds and we're literally done with high school. Just a Farewell Ball and then high school over. Next stop, college.

The Farewell Ball is today evening from 6:30PM to Midnight. Our school organized a Farewell party as we have finished school. Last year, it was a Farewell Costume Party where the seniors dressed up in various costumes from a sexy vampire to Donald Duck. This year it's a Farewell Ball where all of us are going to dress up in 'Royal' gowns and tuxes.

Mom is more excited about the Ball than I am. This whole week, she took to me thousands of gown shops and got me so many accessories. I said I didn't anything too flashy and I didn't want it to be so long because I might trip and break my nose.

The worst part is that we didn't even get a gown or shoes or even accessories. My mom said that none of them would look good on me. To me, all the gowns looked good but then when your mom is a fashion diva, you can't do anything.

My mom took my car and she went to get a gown and all today. I'd have gone but then she didn't let me. I'm not worried about the size because she always gets the perfect size for me. I'm just worried that she might get something too glittery or long or something too showy. Let's just be hopeful.

I was playing with Toby who is the best pet I could ever have. Toby was only a little puppy when we got him and I was a kid too. It's been 6 years with Toby and we have a really close bond.

I heard the door open and I saw mom coming in with a...nothing in her hand. "Glory, you aren't allowed to see the dress until evening. The dress is in the beauty parlour and we're going to go there at four." Mom said as she walked to her room. "What?! That's not fair!" I whined and so did Toby. Mom said it was a surprise so I got to wait. Oh, she even got Tristan's tuxedo too which she says will match my dress. Oh well.

At four o' clock sharp, mom took me to the beauty parlour for a 'makeover' which I didn't need at all. It's just a simple farewell party but mom is taking it way too seriously.

"Hey! Glory is here!" said Mrs. Lindy as she saw me enter the beauty parlour. "Finally! Girls, come on! We've got a lot of work to do."

Some five or six girls came from the room and sat me down on a chair. One of them started work on my hair, other one got to work on my hand and other one on my feet. Mrs. Lindy went to look at dress and she squealed with excitement. "This dress will make you look like an angel! Jesus! I'm so excited!" she said.

Mom left to get Tristan ready. I wonder how my dress looks.

After god knows how long, the ladies were done with my makeup and hair and all. They didn't even let me look at myself in the mirror. God!