Chapter 5: If I Die Young

"If I die young, bury me in satin. Lay me down on a bed of roses. Sink me in the river at dawn. Send me away with the words of a love song. -The Band Perry (If I Die Young)"

~*~*~*~*

"Wake up," I heard someone but wasn't able to recognize the voice.

"Come on, Glory. Wake up," The voice was so sweet and pure. I could make out that it was a female.

"Slowly open your eyes."

I opened my eyes slowly and all I could see was a bright white light.

"Good girl." I heard someone say and I could see a human figure in front of me, walking away slowly towards the bright light. The light shone brightly which caused my eyes to close. I opened them again and all I could see was darkness and a little light coming from the corner which seems to be the door.

"Where am I?" I asked myself as I tried to get up. I don't how I got here and I don't know why I'm here. I don't remember anything.

I carefully observed my surroundings. It was dark but the light from the door was enough for me to see where I am.

Wait, I'm in a hospital room. How did I...

Suddenly, all the memories came in my mind like a flood. The Farewell Ball, Tristan and Shannon, the car accident.

Suddenly the door burst open and mom and dad came in crying. The nurse switched on the lights and mom saw me and cried onto dad's shoulder.

"Mom, I'm sorry. There aren't many injuries. Look! I'm perfectly alright," I said and moved my hands and legs showing I was alright. There wasn't any change in expression on mom and dad.

"Doctor, please! Check her again. She can't..." my mother said but stopped in between and started crying more.

"Ma'am, I'm sorry to say this but, she's...dead. The injuries were too great and due to the subdural haemorrhage, she..." the doctor said and frowned.

What are they even talking about? Have they gone blind and deaf? I'm right here and speaking to them but they aren't even noticing.

Mom looked at me and started crying over my shoulder. "Mom! I'm alright! Please stop crying," I pleaded but she didn't hear a thing, nor did dad or anyone.

I got frustrated and got out of the bed and walked over to dad. "Dad! Look at me! Tell mom that I'm alright and the injuries are not that great," I said angrily. But even dad didn't show any expression but just looked at the bed and cried.

I turned towards the bed and I gasped in shock. Wait, what!?

What's going on?! How come I'm over there on the bed when I'm actually standing here next to dad? This is impossible!

I was just so confused. Like, what's going on? Is this a nightmare? I should wake up any moment now. I know I will.

The doctor told mom and dad to fill some forms so they had to leave. Mom was crying her eyes out and dad just hugged her and walked out of the room. The doctor sighed and the pulled the white cloth over my body. A nurse came in to accompany the doctor with some other work in the room.

"What happened to this patient doctor?" The nurse asked as she checked the machines in the room.

"Teenagers these days...she died in a car accident. Too much blood loss and injuries," the doctor said. I was completely shocked. This is a terrible nightmare but I shall wake up any second.

"Poor child," the nurse said as she uncovered my face to see it. I slowly walked closer to my dead body as nervousness and an urge to see how I look like when I'm dead build up inside me. Why does this feel so real?

My face was paler as compared to my skin tone before. The scar on the left cheek of my body was deep and scary and so was the scar on my neck. The nurse uncovered my hands which revealed many more bruises and scars which made me close my eyes. It was all too frightening.

"She even fractured her femur and wrist. It was pretty hard to operate with so many injuries in such less time," the doctor said as sadness filled his tone. At least he has some sympathy for me.

My parents soon came in and the body was to be sent back in a few days' time. I know this is a some dream and I'll wake up...any moment...soon...

The doctor and nurse left the room so I also decided to leave the room. I don't wanna be alone in the same room as my dead body. Does that make sense?

I walked out and saw my mom crying on my dad's shoulder. It hurt me so much looking at them like that.

"Come on Ann, let's go home."

"But, Glory...my little girl. My own flesh and blood...she..." my mom said and started crying again. Dad walked her out of the hospital and I just stood there standing. I want to wake up now. I don't like this dream.

"Doctor? Is Glory alright? When will she wake up? Will she be okay?" suddenly Tristan came from the right side and asked the doctor. Pfft! He doesn't even know that I died...in my dream of course.

"Sorry Mister but, she's dead."

"What? No...she...wait...no...sh*t," Tristan blabbered as the doctor walked away. Tristan ran his fingers through his hair. He does that when he's worried or confused.

Soon afterwards, Tristan got up and started walking towards the exit. I decided to follow him because; I want to see what he's going to do now that I'm dead.

He sat in his car and was looking for his keys. I opened the door and sat inside. Tristan freaked out when he heard the door open and close but he ignored it.

He then started his engine and drove to his house. He locked his car and went up to the porch. I followed him behind. I wonder what he's gonna do and...when I'm going to wake up?

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

June 4, 2015

Author's Note:

Oh, this was pretty sad but at least it doesn't seem like a teen fiction as you thought it would.

Great news: Now I'll update on Thursday's and Sunday's. Twice a week! Yay!

Please do check out 'Just Another Cliche Love Story (One Direction)' by my cool friend @My_Music_Life. It's really good and I'm helping her write it too.

Do read my first story 'Silently Beautiful (One Direction FanFic)' which I had dedicated to my Directioner friend, My_Music_Life. It's a little cheesy story but...oh well.

Next Update on: June 7, 2015 (Yay!)

Please do read, comment, vote, and share this story. It'd be a great help if you do and you won't even have to touch your pocket money. It's free of charge!

Take Care,

Abby