Chapter 8: Once Upon a Dream

"I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream. I know you, that gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam. -Lana Del Rey (Once Upon a Dream)

~*~*~*~

God, that guy was weird.

The questions which were bugging me inside were - How did he see me? Why did he take a seat next to me? What made him think I was on a date? Why did he introduce himself? Why did he ask my name?

But oh well, I pushed those questions aside and walked home. I entered the house and Toby started barking and wagging his tail. Mom, who was reading a book on the couch noticed Toby's behaviour. She smiled at Toby and looked at the direction he was looking in. My mom somehow knew I was around.

"Glory? Is that you dear?" My mom asked restlessly. Even though she wasn't able to neither hear me nor see me, I still answered. My dad came in and asked who mom was talking to. He thinks mom has gone mad.

"Come on Toby. Let's go upstairs," I said as Toby joyfully followed me upstairs. My parents stared at Toby and shook their head in confusion. I know they're always wondering why Toby does that so suddenly; from sad and whining Toby to happy and excited Toby.

I just played along with him and I saw my parents peeking through the door looking at Toby in a strange way. They think he has gone mad because he's playing around with himself and they actually can't see me so, it does look like Toby has lost it.

The following day, I found myself thinking about that Stellan guy too much. Why was I even thinking about him!? What's wrong with you Glory?!

I had the urge to go to Starbucks again today hoping to meet him again. He's like the first person I've talked to after almost three years and we might as well talk and become good frie...NO! NO!!! NO FRIENDSHIP WITH HIM!

Glory, you cannot make any friends. Remember when you had a close friend and you liked him but ended up dying. Don't want that to happen again even though you're already dead. Ghosts still have feelings. Even they can get hurt if you break their heart.

Yes, I'm right. I should just leave Starbucks or he might bump into me any moment.

"Hey!" I heard someone call out in front me. I looked back again thinking he might be talking to someone else.

"God, why do you keep looking back when I say something to you?" he asked as he walked closer. Dammit!

"Uh, I...umm...er."

"Oh...kay. I didn't get to introduce myself properly yesterday. Let's have a seat," he said. "I'm actually in a hurry..." I said but he interrupted, "But you just got here. Come on, please have a seat."

I stood there just looking at him in confusion and internally debated if I should stay and talk or leave and forget. He chuckled a little and then grabbed my hand and dragged me to the nearest seat. This guy is just...(-_-)

"I am Stellan; Stellan George."

"And I am in a hurry," I said with a smile and got up. Don't make friends with anyone!

"It'll only be a minute," he said and made me sit down again. What the hell is wrong with him?

"Let's start by knowing your name," he said. "As I said before, that's irrelevant information for you," I said but I'm pretty sure I'm being rude. "Oh come on, nothing will happen if you just tell me your name," he said with pleading eyes.

"Well, my name is Glory; Glory Bret." I said with a smile which he mimicked as well. He's got a cute smile. Shut up, Glory!

There was a long pause in between so I shook my hand in front of him to get his attention. He came out of his trance and apologized. "Uh, you've got a nice name. It suits you," he said and I felt shy. Stop being shy Glory!

"Thanks," I said. "So, I'm actually new here in town and I've not made any friends yet," he said. "Ok, good luck finding a friend," I said. "I guess I already found one..." he said he looked at me with a smile. "Where?" I asked. "You're my friend," he said. Oh...kay.

We were looking at each other for a long time when he asked, "Have I seen you before? Like...one or two years back?" "I don't think so..." I said. How can he see me one or two years back? I am dead! "I don't know...there's something about those eyes..." he said with confusion. "What? Are you trying to flirt or something?" I asked. "No...nevermind...must have been some déjà vu or something," he said.

"Anyways, it was nice meeting you. I'd be going now," I said as I got up.

"Wait!" He said. I turned to face him. "When can I see you again?" he asked. I was quite shocked by his question and I was internally smiling and it felt...good. Someone actually wanted to meet me again but then...

"I don't know. But I just want to give you an advice," I said.

"Advice?"

"Try staying away from me, it would be better for you," I said. I can't forget the fact that I'm a ghost and the last thing I want is scaring someone and probably giving them a heart attack. He looked at me wide eyed and that's when I knew it's time for me to exit. I don't like being enquired.

I looked around and some people were looking at Stellan in confusion. Obviously they can't see I'm here.

"Wait! What does that mean?" he asked again. "Look, I'm not trying to be rude or anything but please, leave me alone," I said and disappeared...through the exit of course.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

June 11, 2015

Author's Note:

Yay! Double update! I hope you liked this chapter. If you did, then please, please, please, please, Read, Vote, Comment, and Share the story with your friends and all. I'd be so happy.

Please do check out my friend's story, 'Just Another Cliche Love Story (One Direction)' by @My_Music_Life. It's really good and I'm helping her write it.

Also check out my previous story which I had dedicated to my friend @My_Music_Life. It'd be a great help.

Next Update: June 14, 2015 (Also double update!)

Lots of Love,

Abby